cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID help please - large Chinese Tokens Medals Coins

One has a dragon and phoenix on it.  The other 2 are identical to each other, but not the first one.  Each one measures 49mm across (almost 2 inches).  Any help in knowing what they are would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Lee

DSCN6664.JPGDSCN6665.JPGDSCN6666.JPGDSCN6667.JPGDSCN6668.JPGDSCN6669.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

14 Junio 2017 - Hola Leesantiques,  the items depicted are not like any actual Chinese coins Heron has seen or owns.  

These items could be 'charm tokens' or tourist items, or 'palace tokens' or subway tokens, or ferry boat tokens perhaps?  

Maybe one a the Chinese coin essperts on the Coin & Paper money chat board can hep you.  Regardos. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ok, not coins.  Thank you.  Anyone know more about what they might be?  Maybe somebody here can  read Chinese and figure them out that way?

Thank you.

Lee

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

16 Junio 2017 - Hola Leesantiques,  at the same website that Heron uses to research Ching Dynasty Manchu Mint Marks there is a link to 'Charms'.

Heron uses Googly and punches in 'Sportstune Manchu Mint Marks'.   This can get you to the website.  Then you can go to 'home page' from there.

OR:

You can try; Sportstune.com/Chinese coins.  

When you get to the 'home page' there will be a 'box' that sez:

CHARMS

click here.

Then you can spend a few hours comparing your items to some items listed there.

In addition, there are other sites for Chinese charms.   Heron cannot remember those at this time.   The info is in Heron's memory bank.  The problem is 'recall'.

Good luck.  Regardos. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the additional information, I do appreciate it.  I have been searching the sites you suggested, so far with no result.  Maybe I'll just list these as unknown...

Sincerely,

Lee

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

These are modern amulets with auspicous statements on them.  Given away during New Years etc. 

More info on amulets at Zeno.ru website.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the  information.  I went through a lot of the site, and learned a lot - and am very greatful for having these sites brought to my attention.  I still haven't found the ones that I have, but it seems likely that they are simply too modern.

Sincerly,

Lee

Message 7 of 7
latest reply