cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anyone Give Opionion On These Notes?

I had a buyer open a return request for a couple of Confederate notes they bought. They said they weren't authentic. I bought them from another dealer on Ebay. Can anyone give an opinion on them? Here are the two item numbers:  371972339380  and 371972339471

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

neither of those item numbers appears to exist...
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

0 results for 371972339380 0 results for 371972339471

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

They can be viewed on this page:

http://www.ebay.com/csc/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_since=15&_sop=13&_ssn=mozartbach1971&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt...

They are the $5 and $20 Richmond notes dated 2-17-1864. I didn't find the serial numbers under known counterfeits.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

i'm not an expert on confederate currency, but i don't see any red flags...

are they on thin or thick paper?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Where's burroaktree?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

i'm not an expert on confederate currency, but i don't see any red flags...

are they on thin or thick paper?

I don't really remember checking out the notes when I mailed them out. The buyer did say in an e-mail that the paper was too thin though.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@koindog wrote:

Where's burroaktree?

Sorry I missed this. I had no idea this board exists. I thought the boards were history. If anyone has a question on CSA notes, somebody please contact me if possible, and I'll help if I am able.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Now that you've found that the Coins & Paper Money Discussion Board is still (barely) alive, stop by and say hello every once in a while. Not many posters remain, and rarely any discussions about CSA notes. Mostly newbies ask to identify their coins and its value. Seldom do they reply with a "thanks" so I don't have to go buy my own coin catalogue.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@burroaktree wrote:

@koindog wrote:

Where's burroaktree?

Sorry I missed this. I had no idea this board exists. I thought the boards were history. If anyone has a question on CSA notes, somebody please contact me if possible, and I'll help if I am able.

It seems many of the people who posted here at one time have moved to other coin forums online. BTW, this thread is from 2017, so I doubt the OP is worried about this problem any more.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I realized the thread was old. You'll note that I didn't offer help on the OP's question. I just wanted to post to let others know that help with future questions regarding CSA notes is available.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply