cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple stain removal

This may have  been posted before, if so I apologize for the repeat. I usually skip over the stain removal posts b/c I can't find the ingredients posted.

Someone posted this one on FB today. It's just Dawn, peroxide, and baking soda.  They had it as a mixture but i just poured a little of each on two different spots on two items today.  I had already tried shout, fels naptha, dawn alone, and the stain removal that comes with Dryel. They didn't budge.  I let them soak, rubbed it in, and let them set about 2 hours. 

Stains are gone.  No sign of them.

If you are like my husband and you have to measure everything, it's

1 tsp. Dawn dishwashing detergent
3-4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide
couple tablespoons of baking soda.

Scrub on with a brush. 

Message 1 of 135
latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

Simple stain removal

Oh Delta!  I have been having the best time trying your new recipe out - with great success!!  Thanks so much for sharing.  I thought I was the laundry queen, but you have given me a new tool for my arsenal.  WOW, I love it.  You're the best!  :-x

Message 46 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

I also saw on an interview that Katie Coric did with a lady who resells clothing. Her secret, (or not so secret) stain remover for arm pit stains and yellowing was cascade dishwashing soap. I tried it and it worked well for white. Haven't tried it on colors. she didn't say whether she used it in the washing machine or not. I used it as a handwash.

Message 47 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Has anyone tried this on ink?  I just purchased a Lilly Pulitzer dress with a pen mark on it. Too good of a deal to pass up. 

Message 48 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Cheap hair spray for pen ink, dab it our then wash.

Not sure what to try with my canvas gucci's, The color bled when I went to wash them with a brush and cleaner. Anyone?  I will try the few suggestions above.

Message 49 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Glad to see it has been working well! The only thing I have messed up doing it was a dark pink silk top, it removed the color.

Thanks for all the other ideas, too!

Message 50 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Thank you so much! I have a huge pile of my daughter's 18 month clothes that I thought were stainless until I took them outside in the light to take pictures of them! I will definitely try this!!

Message 51 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

THANKYOU that was awesome I will try it on a purse. 

Message 52 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

And I haven't been able to remove ink stains either. But every day stains like food, drink, mud, blood etc.. no problem 🙂

Message 53 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Thank you Delights. I am fairy new at stain removal. Usually I will use shout, but that does not work all the time. I will give this a try.

Message 54 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Thank you so much! I have a huge pile of my daughter's 18 month clothes that I thought were stainless until I took them outside in the light to take pictures of them! I will definitely try this!!

I have had this same problem. Have started using an LED flashlight to go over my clothes. Works very well at showing stains that you would not otherwise have seen.

Message 55 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

OP - when you say "soak, rub it in, let it set", what is the first soak?  In hot water or cold water or in the cleaning solution?  I tried this on 4 items with stains last night and they lightened up, but didn't come out, I didn't know what I was supposed to be soaking them in though, so I skipped that step.

Message 56 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

This may have  been posted before, if so I apologize for the repeat. I usually skip over the stain removal posts b/c I can't find the ingredients posted.

Someone posted this one on FB today. It's just Dawn, peroxide, and baking soda.  They had it as a mixture but i just poured a little of each on two different spots on two items today.  I had already tried shout, fels naptha, dawn alone, and the stain removal that comes with Dryel. They didn't budge.  I let them soak, rubbed it in, and let them set about 2 hours. 

Stains are gone.  No sign of them.

If you are like my husband and you have to measure everything, it's

1 tsp. Dawn dishwashing detergent
3-4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide
couple tablespoons of baking soda.

Scrub on with a brush. 

Be careful when using this on some fabric, as it will fade. I used it on a brown top that was 50% cotton/50% modal, and it faded very badly. I used it on white items with good success.

Message 57 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

I just tried this on khaki colored 100% cotton pants.  It removed the stain with no color loss.

Message 58 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Found this very helpful thread buried not too deeply in the board. Forgive me for my shameless bump. Cat Very Happy

*************************************************************************************

Philadelphia! No sand, no hot tubs.
Message 59 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

One of the AB posters  asked for one of the threads to be posted to the top and Jeff came through and did it.

Acccording to Jeff.........."It's been done. The Group Admin can do this as well by going into a topic they want to have posted at the top and selecting the "Float to Top for All Users" option."

We have no idea who the Group Admin on the AB is.

photo bats.gif
Message 60 of 135
latest reply