cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple stain removal

This may have  been posted before, if so I apologize for the repeat. I usually skip over the stain removal posts b/c I can't find the ingredients posted.

Someone posted this one on FB today. It's just Dawn, peroxide, and baking soda.  They had it as a mixture but i just poured a little of each on two different spots on two items today.  I had already tried shout, fels naptha, dawn alone, and the stain removal that comes with Dryel. They didn't budge.  I let them soak, rubbed it in, and let them set about 2 hours. 

Stains are gone.  No sign of them.

If you are like my husband and you have to measure everything, it's

1 tsp. Dawn dishwashing detergent
3-4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide
couple tablespoons of baking soda.

Scrub on with a brush. 

Message 1 of 135
latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

Simple stain removal

That's the one thanks so much.

Message 31 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

I have used this solution with great success to remove perspiration stains. It really does have some magical chemical properties. (the peroxide mixture).

Message 32 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Has anyone tried this "ring around the collar" stain removal trick? Did it work?

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Stubborn-Ring-Around-the-Collar

Message 33 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Meanwhile, I'm trying your recipe Delta. :-x

Message 34 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

OMG!!! It worked! The ring around the collar is gone and it was really grungy. :^O

I'm a bit late getting back to post my results. I let it sit about an hour.

Message 35 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Yay! Glad it worked Olive. I tried it in a dark teal top and it worked too, without removing the color.

Message 36 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Of all the products on the market I've found Zout works best

Message 37 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Don't use Delta's recipe (at the top of this thread) on linen. It bleached it out beyond help and into the trash. 😛

Message 38 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

It worked magic on a red Eddie Bauer knit top! No lightening the color at all! 😄

Message 39 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

Cheap Denture Tablets from Walmart put on the spot, and secured there, then put into water will bubble out stains that Oxyclean will not. Just use the plain. Not the mint. I use these to clean off buildup on antique glass too. A product called Whink in a bronze bottle, also at Walmart, will removed rust stains right before your eyes though you may have to squirt it more than once. Ive removed rust stains from antique doll clothing with no damage, and even from stuffed doll bodies after removing the stuffing. Wear gloves because this stuff will irritate your skin even though it doesnt hurt fabric.

Message 40 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

I just noticed this pinned at the top.  In my arsenal: Folex, Fels Naptha, Dawn, Oxiclean.

"Don't be the one chasing the carrot. Be the one dangling the carrot." - Crazy Me!
Message 41 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

What should I try on color bleed on canvas sneakers? They are gucci and the red/green stripe on them bled when I tried to clean the canvas.

Message 42 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

for cloth i use carbona powder. it work well, not sure of canvas sneakers.

I also need help to remove sharpie mark in dress. got some shirt (adult) but has name on it. could not make it go with anything. any suggestion?

Message 43 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

jamesbarns
Enthusiast

Thank you so much!! I have had an ugly stain on one of my shirts for a while now and had abandoned it for a year or two. The shirt looks brand new now! 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------

James

http://toptenreview.hubpages.com/hub/Best-Top-Rated-Toms-for-Men-Review

Message 44 of 135
latest reply

Simple stain removal

I have tried it on some and it has worked.  I wonder if it would work on dry clean only fabrics?

Thanks.

Message 45 of 135
latest reply