cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

I sent a package Priority to New York and it took 5 business days.  This is the first time I have experienced a delay in Priority service.  I can only assume it had something to do with the weather they have been experiencing.

Message 46 of 206
latest reply

As I mentioned on another thread maybe it is because we are "selling stuff online and clogging up the postal system and preventing other people from getting their Christmas gifts on time"?  😄

No really it seems things started slowing down back in October.  Maybe the USPS had a layoff or didnt hire as many temps for the holiday season?

Message 47 of 206
latest reply

USPS combined sort facilities and had layoffs.  They are messed up.

Message 48 of 206
latest reply

Crazy, I thought I was the only one. I always prefer usps because of the quicker shipping time frame however lately it has taken a week or more to receive 2-3 day priority mail packages. Tracking ID's are not updated frequently as well. The original "Pony Express" would have been faster than the service I am receiving this holiday season.

Message 49 of 206
latest reply

P.O. has been ridiculous. Items are going out unscanned, I mailed an expensive package that was never scanned at receiving facility, fortunately it was scanned at next facility.

Another one of my items shows only that it made it to the correct p.o., but it hasn't shown as delivered after a week. I've spoken to the carrier, he's checking further, but feels sure he delivered it but didn't scan it in. That does me no good at all if buyer claims she didn't get it.

Message 50 of 206
latest reply

I had a package last week going to New york, Im In Arizona. I sent it Priority mail. Took 8 Days to arrive. I had called Usps to put a tracker on it and the guy told me that they have had 1300 flights delayed from weather conditions.I also sent out a package on Monday going to HOuston and normally takes 2-3 days first class, just arrived today at the houston facility.Probably wont be delivered til Monday. Pretty Crazy!! 

Message 51 of 206
latest reply

dolldreamsalot
Adventurer

I have noticed, and which is why I am here, because I googled it. I have been sending and receiving packages for years, and this year is the first time I noticed anything weird. Three packages that I ordered before Christmas were extremely late. I am waiting on a priority package right now that is 3 days late. I live in Kentucky by the way, and by looking through all the posts, Kentucky is mentioned 3-4 times. I wonder what is going on?

Message 52 of 206
latest reply

The big letters that say 2-Day and 3-Day need to GO. Nothing ever ships in 2 or 3 days.
Message 53 of 206
latest reply

@delilah9847 wrote:
The big letters that say 2-Day and 3-Day need to GO. Nothing ever ships in 2 or 3 days.

Some things DO ship in 2-3 days.  But I agree that those big letters should go.  As well as totally unrealistic ebay "estimated delivery times"  I won an auction on the first.  Ebay's "Estimated Delivery" was 1/7.  The seller specified 3-day handling, and the listings specified "Standard" shipping.  3 day handling gave her until the 6th to get it into the mail.  And with "Standard" shipping it was supposed to get here overnight?  Riiiiiight!  BTW She put it in the mail on the 3rd, and it's one of those 2 showing "delivered" for me, that haven't actually been delivered.  Guess it'll be here soon.  Woman Tongue

A
(Brian's Wife & Mom of 4)
Message 54 of 206
latest reply

@labbypaws wrote:

USPS combined sort facilities and had layoffs.  They are messed up.

Oh but my mom now has TWO different mail carriers!!  There is one in the early part of the day who delivers mail and one who comes later to pick stuff up!!  How is that better? If you try giving the early one a letter or package he says to leave it on the porch.  What if the outgoing bills mixed up with the incoming evelopes?  I dont see how they can keep it straight!

Message 55 of 206
latest reply

Well, the holidays are over and everything is even worse than it was the week of Christmas? Is anyone else experiencing this and what is going on? I'm having this problem with both the USPS and UPS.

Message 56 of 206
latest reply

It's the weather & road conditions.  Lots of stuff being re-routed.

A
(Brian's Wife & Mom of 4)
Message 57 of 206
latest reply

Way worse than over the Holidays.  Even taking weather into account, this is bad:  1st class mailed 1/4 is still at an in-state Sort Facility and another mailed 1/3 just today got to an out-of state Sort Facility.  Of course, both delivery "estimates" were within 3 bus. days . . . .

Message 58 of 206
latest reply

I don’t know, but since this thread is from 10 months ago (3/4/2013) it is obviously a constant worry to eBay sellers!

On the subject of eBay’s estimated times, I recently had a buyer in Hawai’i receive from eBay the same estimated arrival for Express shipping as if she had been domestic. They actually promised it as overnight!

Message 59 of 206
latest reply

@moonlitmemory wrote:

I don’t know, but since this thread is from 10 months ago (3/4/2013) it is obviously a constant worry to eBay sellers!

On the subject of eBay’s estimated times, I recently had a buyer in Hawai’i receive from eBay the same estimated arrival for Express shipping as if she had been domestic. They actually promised it as overnight!

Hawaii is domestic?

Message 60 of 206
latest reply