cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

First three International packages with the higher new postage and "tracking" disappeared off the grid more than two weeks ago.  No tracking after they left the local hub. 

Were they going to Canada or to another country?  As far as I know, the only country that has tracking right now is Canada.  Some other countries will scan as delivered, but the USPS isn't in cahoots with them yet.  It's just that they are nice and scan it as delivered, and their computer system syncs up with USPS.  But it's not "official" tracking.

Message 16 of 206
latest reply

My guy didn't even pick up my packages today. I am freakin.

He doesn't even come until one so the office was closed. Now Ebay will show a skewed delivery time anyway!X-(

Message 17 of 206
latest reply

has anyone been able to print parcel select yet?

"Paradigm Shift" ...Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks...1 Thessalonians chapter 5
Message 18 of 206
latest reply

My guy didn't even pick up my packages today. I am freakin.

He doesn't even come until one so the office was closed. Now Ebay will show a skewed delivery time anyway!X-(

Mine either! I scheduled online and put them in a USPS mail crate and put them right in front of the mail boxes.  He would have had to trip over it to deliver the mail but low and behold mail in the boxes and the packages still here!X-(

Message 19 of 206
latest reply

ladybug84105
Enthusiast

YES!!!  I've had so many customers complain.  In fact first class is arriving faster for some reason.  Don't know if anyone is aware bout there have been ads on TV about the postal service changes.  Looks like they are cutting services and I bet this is part of it.  

More info can be found at Deliveringforamerica.com

Id like to post a notice in my Etsy listings, but I have a hard enough time getting people to read a what's already there.  

Bobbi

Message 20 of 206
latest reply

I ship from Hawaii and have been noticing this since this summer.   I was flat out told by a USPS worker that they have been hiring a lot of temps lately who don't even really know the area so they send the packages back without even trying or take longer to find the address....

Message 21 of 206
latest reply

Yes it has been, i shipped the 20th from Staten Island NYC to Brooklyn NYC right across the bridge it went to bethpage NY and still hasnt arrived. Its now the 24th. It was shipped priority One day. I dont get it. i would have just drove it there if it was going to take so long

Message 22 of 206
latest reply

In fact first class is arriving faster for some reason. 

Of course it arrives faster - it sits at the front of the plane!! JK! ;-D

Message 23 of 206
latest reply

I am now on day 7 waiting for my iPhone to arrive in Va from FL. Tracking says it was being received and processed in Sandston Va, sent to Dulles (40 miles from its destination and has now been sent back to Sandston for processing. It's no wonder the USPS is in such trouble.

Message 24 of 206
latest reply

I had some packages take an extra 4 days because I mailed them at the PO near the mall instead of the one next to my house.  That PO sent them BACK to my local PO then to the sorting center then sent them on.  All that back and forth took time and since both POs use the same sorting center why NOT just send it directly to the sorting center?

Message 25 of 206
latest reply

Unfortunately, there were SO many closings, the mail is being delivered to the office late, so the carriers are getting late starts. I don't know if that is the reason in all the offices, but I know a lot of them are having problems.

Message 26 of 206
latest reply

Know what makes the delay even better?

USPS is now putting X-day delivery on the labels.  Gotta wonder who the buyer will blame when a "2-Day Delivery' labeled package takes 6 days to get there.

According to gidget's buyer, the USPS has been farting along.  😉

Message 27 of 206
latest reply

I have noticed slower shipping overall.  Also, tracking sort of goes off the grid, where you won't see an update for days.

I just suggested in another response, that if you have time to go into the post office and have them scan your items, you will get a receipt showing they were accepted and scanned into the postal system.

I ship only priority and first class parcel (rarely media mail for books, if a flat rate priority box is close to the price).

Message 28 of 206
latest reply

Agreed. Heres a late post, but i ordered 3 packs of old cards. 2 coming from georgia, 1 from michigan two seperate sellers.  I live in michigan, and the item I bought from michigan, was coming from a place within 40 miles of wher I live. Both sellers shipped on saturday, and the 2 packets from GEORGIA came on the same day as the pack from michigan. He lived within 40 MILES! and the packs from georgia came on the same day! Both sellers shipped same day and used same packaging style! USPS in my opion are just plain lazy. its ridiculous how they constantly (ive experienced it all) will send your package back and forth like a tennis ball. Arrives here, departs here, then 20 miles away it does the same thing. UPS needs to buy USPS asap!!!!

Message 29 of 206
latest reply

Yessss it took 3 days to ship and item within my own city when I did nxt day delivery! I could have just drove and dropped it off! Its def takin twice as long to get delivered from its "delivery date" than before. I just thought it was the chicago post offices that were dragging lol
Message 30 of 206
latest reply