eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
emerald_door
Community Member

Can you ship non-flammable liquids by Priority Mail?

Is it okay to ship liquids by Priority or do they have to go by Parcel?  Thank you.

Please use plain text.
dinah*doll
Community Member

Re: Can you ship non-flammable liquids by Priority Mail?

in reply to emerald_door

Yes, BUT they have to be packed with enough absorbent material to soak up the entire contents should they leak/break.

The Artist Formerly Known As betty*blackbent

Please use plain text.
emerald_door
Community Member

in reply to emerald_door

Thanks for the information!

Please use plain text.
sherlocksgallery
Community Member

in reply to emerald_door

Is it okay to ship liquids by Priority or do they have to go by Parcel?  Thank you.

I ship all liquids via ground as I had bad results several times on common items.  Lids pop open during air travel.  I had an expensive jar of cream with a seal on the inside of the jar too.  The seal popped and the contents came out inside the ziplock bag. I had shampoo and hair gloss come open.  But no biggie since I always pack in a double ziplock too.  But really hated to refund on that expensive jar of cream that opened.  I always ship liquids/cream via ground now.

Also if you do ship any liquid or cream by air...  I would ship in two freezer zip lock bags.  I always double bag liquids or jars of cream too.  They can pop open during air travel.  I shipped myself 2 jars of honey while traveling via air and I will never ship honey via Priority again.  Ha!  The lids were on securely (metal lids on glass jars) but popped open anyway from the pressure I guess... and lucky I shipped in double zip locks or other things in the box would have been destroyed.

When I travel by air... everything liquid/cream in my luggage is in double ziplock bags.  And all my makeup in tubes and jars is in ziplock bags too.  Several items have opened during air travel and there is the same risk for packages too. ... up to you. :-)

Please use plain text.
sherlocksgallery
Community Member

in reply to emerald_door

Also around 2 years ago I sold some cream in a tube and a bottle of liquid makeup and shipped via Priority.  The buyer said the package was inspected and both seals were broken on the products and she wanted a refund.  She said one of the packaging on the product was torn open too. 

She sent me a photo of the outside of the package and I have never seen USPS markings like that before.  I had no idea the USPS inspected Priority packages with liquid or maybe this was a special postal issue in her area.  This package went from the east coast to the west coast.

So that is another reason I do not ship liquids via air mail to a buyer. 

Please use plain text.
emerald_door
Community Member

in reply to emerald_door

Interesting.  I'm not sure when Parcel Select will be available on eBay Shipping.

Please use plain text.