eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Bra fitting, and wearing the wrong size!

So, I understand that most women are wearing the wrong size.  I come to realized that I'm one of those.  I searched the web to see what certain fit problems mean and get that I'm wearing a size that is too big for me.   I figure I'll get one from ebay to test the size.   I go to a site were I just put in the numbers, and it tells me I should be wearing a dd or e cup!  I can't believe.   Well, back to the drawing board for me.

Can anyone relate?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Bra fitting, and wearing the wrong size!

in reply to hearye**hearye**

I wanted to add that I ordered down, and besides the bra having the wire poking out it's too small.  LOL

Please use plain text.
thrifty*dog
Community Member

I went for a bra fitting once when I got a dress to wear at my wedding (not a "wedding" dress).  The darn thing was so tight that I had "backfat".  At the time I was 110 lbs and should not have all that lumpiness on my back.  I ended up wearing something comfortable and solved the problem.  That "expert" was full o'beans.

"Life's hard. It's even harder if you're stupid" ~ John Wayne
Please use plain text.
pinkshirtgal
Community Member

YES!  I went to VS, got measured...I was wearing a 32B, after she measured me, a 34D!!!!

I am SO much more comfortable now!

Please use plain text.
crestwoodian
Community Member

I'm another one who followed the on-line bra measuring and made a big change. I was wearing 40 DD. Now I'm 36 E or 38 DDD on the middle set of hooks & eyes. Did you know that the little V-shape bit of fabric between the cups is supposed to lay flat againt your body? Wow!

I'm much more comfortable and look better.

"You yourself, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and affection." ` The Buddha
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I was wondering why I'm so uncomfortable when I have my bra on!!  LOL  I've got to get a better fitting bra.  Plus, clothes look so much better with the right foundations.

Please use plain text.
mupcycledcouture
Community Member

What site did you go to? 

I recently ordered the new fit kit from JOckey. It was $20 but I got a $20 off coupon for the purchase of a bra. 

The only problem is the bras are $60 each. Plus, they dont give you your size. Just the "Jockey" size, which is not cup sizes but a number system. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Is it ok for me to put the link for the site here?  If so, let me know and I will.

Please use plain text.
thrifty*dog
Community Member

As long as you code it, like:  buymybras "at" dogbras "dot" com

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Lindasonline dot com/bra fitting-calculator.   You just put in the numbers and it will give you your correct size. 

Please use plain text.
sherlocksgallery
Community Member

I was wondering why I'm so uncomfortable when I have my bra on!!  LOL  I've got to get a better fitting bra.  Plus, clothes look so much better with the right foundations.

The first thing I do when I get home is take off my bra... since the 1960's.  Ha!   And my size is from 32A to 34B.

I was measured by a French lady running a high end boutique.  She traveled to France several times a year for stock.  The store was near where I worked at the time.  I was their first customer in the door at their 2 times a year sale.  I loved their clothing but was way out of my price range on my little salary in the 1970's.  But I stocked up when there was a big percent off sale.  The average price was $50-60 for a French bra in those days but she offered me layaway. The bra she said I needed to wear put everything into the cup... pits and back skin... amazing.

I cried when she retired at age 70. She was a grand French lady always dressed to the nines with perfect hair styled up and beautiful unique jewelry... and it was my first taste of designer fashion.

I was skinny and still am but I wish I could put the pits and the back skin into the bra cup in today's bras.  Not much one can do after 60 it seems when the headlights go down.  I have not seen a lingerie shop in a long time carrying those hand picked French bras.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

@Crestwoodian, yeah the middle of my bra at this time is not lying flat!  LOL  Well, I guess you live and learn!!

Please use plain text.
msmaggie060
Community Member

Went out to find some new bras today. Found  only 1 in my size, I must take a weird size, (42C) so hard to find anything! I'll have to look on ebay for more.

Went and was measured a while ago at one of those fancy bra boutiques and they sold me one that was a 40D, told me the 42C was wrong size for me, but I can't wear it, its just too uncomfortable. Cost me over $100 too!

Please use plain text.
thrifty*dog
Community Member

Yeah, I got talked into buying a Chantelle bra for my wedding.  In 2001 I paid $80 for it and thought that was outrageous!  I ended up wearing my cheap Target bra and it was comfortable and looked great under my dress, no bulges.

Please use plain text.
chapeau-noir
Community Member

Cup is all about volume - a 36 A is about the same volume as a 32 C or 32 D.

Google bra whisperer or look for her on you tube.

Please use plain text.
sherlocksgallery
Community Member

Cup is all about volume - a 36 A is about the same volume as a 32 C or 32 D.

Google bra whisperer or look for her on you tube.

LOL  a bra whisperer... :^O

Please use plain text.
dinah*doll
Community Member

Victoria's Secret is useless for properly fitting a bra....for one thing, they measure your ribcage in the wrong spot, and for another, they don't sell anything above a DD or occasionally an E, and their band sizes don't go down far enough, in the bigger sizes especially...so it's against their financial interest to give you the proper size when the odds are they don't sell it.

The Artist Formerly Known As betty*blackbent

Please use plain text.
secondchancecloset
Community Member

I have been wearing a 38C and the website measured me at 36D.  I will try buying a larger size next time I go shopping.

Please use plain text.
ellys*hand*me*ups
Community Member

I saw an Oprah show on bra fitting years ago and I always remembered that her experts said most women are wearing a larger band size than they should be and a smaller cup size than they should be. They said your band should be as tight as you can stand it.

I also remember thinking cup sizes must have gotten smaller over the years because they were putting women in cup sizes E and up who didn't appear that busty to me. A lot of the women were surprised too - and didn't believe their new size until they tried it on.

Please use plain text.
brian-i
Community Member

Yeah, I wouldn't trust VS for measurements either.  Or most department store "experts" either for that matter.  I've been fitted several times over the years at a specialty bra & lingerie shop near here.  What they don't have they'll order.  And if you know your size/make/model, you can call them up (or order online), and they'll send it direct to your door.  Soooo nice! 

I was measured at an odd size when getting fitted for my wedding.  I'd been wearing a band too large & a cup too small.  I was told that's a common error.  Not to mention the cup size I measured at isn't sold at Walmart.  :^O  I got measured again towards the end of my pregnancy, and then again after some weight loss. 

The REAL experts there say that if you gain or lose as little as 10 lbs, you really ought to be fitted again.

A
(Brian's Wife & Mom of 3)
Please use plain text.