• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
camifunnc
Community Member
how do i delete an item from my shopping cart

today is my first day on ebay.  i looked for a game system for my sons birthday.  i found and i committed to buy.  but i found the wrong game.  how do i get rid of the item from my shopping cart?

Other Answers: 13
arabians-n-appaloosas
Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

There is a tiny "Remove" link next to your item description. Click that & the item will be removed.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

I did the same thing but I did not COMMIT TO BUY, I simply clicked ADD TO CART and I have never been on a site anywhere that commits you to buy something when you add it to the cart ... proceeding to checkout and paying is my commitment to buy.

Anyways, there was no Remove button in the cart, but there was a Save For Later button, and clicking this Save For Later button will remove it from your cart.

silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

You have bought an item.

It cannot be deleted.

Because you are new to eBay, you might try to email the seller, apologize for the inconvenience you are causing and ask them if they would consider sending you a request to cancel the transaction..

They are under no obligation to do so, and instead can report you to eBay as a non-paying bidder.

Might I suggest that  you spend some time finding out how ebay works?

Click on Customer Support at the top of the page and read  all the info there for new members.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

Thank you Arabians!  The remove link works!

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

>>>committed to buy.<<<

Read this again. You are committed to buy this item. You can't get rid of it.

Contact the seller--maybe he will let you out of the sale. But getting an Unpaid Item strike so early in your eBay career is not a good omen.

Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to camifunnc

Thanks Arabians! 

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

eBay has no shopping carts -- yet. You did not put it in your cart, you bought it.  Your seller is your only out. Hope that they will accomodate you.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

go to where it says quantity then where you can change the number; change it to 0 then click the small update button underneath it. then itll be gone

Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc
Sorry donor understanding
ritacummins
Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

You cannot delete an item from your shopping cart if you committed to buy it.   You must either pay for it or ask the seller to let you off the hook.   If the seller is willing, he can send you a request to cancel the transaction, and you must agree to the request.   if the seller is not willing, you must either pay for the item or get an Unpaid Item strike.

One Unpaid strike will not hurt you, but if you get even one more within the year, most Ebay sellers will block you.   Be careful of what you buy!   You are expected to pay for what you buy.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

please some of the items, only need two items. Cost £ 1.98

Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

Thanks Arabians,

There is a difference between "Buy it Now" and "Shopping Cart" thanks for clarifying how to remove the item

keeks992
Community Member
Answered
in reply to camifunnc

Thanks again to arabians I just had this same problem today and I couldn't find the remove button but your answer helped