eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Where on a non paying buyers account are unpaid items listed?

I've had a run of unpaid buyers lately. I've looked at their accounts as best I can after winning the unpaid item cases and cannot find any info about the unpaid items. Interesting because Ebay says that the buyer will have an unpaid item recorded to their account if they lose the case. Looks like ebay only records unpaid items internally. It seems that my unpaid item are always international buyers. I'm thinking I should just sell to US buyers which would cut my sales down, but avoid many issues. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions: 2
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ncfluxer

How would you like it if we had access to your personal info? The eBay privacy policy makes it impossible to see a member's violation record..

All you need to do is but your buyer requirements in place, especially those with two or more strikes. You can't see the strikes but your can block members with them.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ncfluxer

Yes, they are only flagged internally.  BUT, you can cut down significantly on non-payers by going to Account, Site Preferences, Buyer Requirements and block those with more than one nonpayment strike.

No, generally international buyers are not worse than domestic in terms of not paying.

Other Answers: 1
kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ncfluxer

Oh okay.

Do you have your Buyer Requirements set to block bidders with UPI strikes?