eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
Do you have to add a gift address to paypal in order to ship an ebay item to relative?

Can a buyer just add an address to ebay to have an item shipped to a different address or does it also need to be added with paypal?

It seems more of a hassle to add 5 addresses to paypal in order to get gifts shipped to relatives!

What would be the order of  steps to take?

Other Answers: 7
angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to relaxx123

If these are addresses that you will use from time to time then you should add them into your paypal account.  Then whenever you want to send it to them you would choose that address.  If they're not addresses you will use all the time then do it the way I said.  When you go to pay for an item you click on pay now.  Then you choose to pay each seller seperately.  That will take you to the orders details page.  On the top left will be your address and a link in blue that says change.  Click on that and put in the address you want to send it to.  Then just proceed to pay as usual.  The address will only be used for that one transaction this way and you will still have buyer protection.

You do not want to make any of these addresses your primary shipping address - that is for your address.

RESPONDER's - be polite and not berating or condescending or sarcastic
don't correct the OP's spelling, etc. - that's not what we're here for
don't type in large fonts - just as bad as OP typing in caps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to relaxx123

relaxx123

If you have a Premier PayPal account, you cannot add gift addresses in someone elses name.

Add any other address including a gift address to your eBay account and choose it @ checkout. You DO NOT have to add them to your PayPal account as many seem to advise; they still don't understand the eBay checkout flow :smileysad:

indygoldbuyer317
Community Member
Answered
in reply to relaxx123

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe sellers MUST ship to the buyers listed paypal address to remain under Seller Protection.

It may depend on the seller, and if they want to risk you casing it on a INR.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to relaxx123

Add the names and addresses on PayPal

Then choose the correct one when you pay

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
Community Member
Answered
in reply to relaxx123

Poneygirllisa: I follow what you are saying.

So question is, by adding the relatives name along with their address as the primary shipping address with ebay, would still have my name attached once the item would be shipped to their address/location?

I was wantng to know if it would/could be shipped without adding the address to paypal, and just adding it with ebay?

Like a shortcut for instance.

Is it mandatory or required for both?

Is the seller going to see the address I've added only to ebay or must I also add it to paypal where they then both would match?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to relaxx123

If you just add it to Ebay as your shipping address, the address will flood over to Paypal when you checkout.  However, it will have your name on it and not your relatives name.  It is best to add the address to Paypal as a gift address so that your relatives name will be listed on the label instead of yours.

angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to relaxx123

You have to do the address before you pay.  So when you go to the order details page for each of the transactions (pay them seperately) then on the top left is your address.   There will be a link that says change.  That will be where you put in the gift address for each one - and then you finish paying.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/questions/unconfirmed.html

As long as you ship to the address found on the eBay Order details page or the PayPal Transaction Details page, you are eligible for certain protections under the eBay Buyer Protection policy.

RESPONDER's - be polite and not berating or condescending or sarcastic
don't correct the OP's spelling, etc. - that's not what we're here for
don't type in large fonts - just as bad as OP typing in caps