Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Unhappy with a recent purchase ... what to do?

On 10/9 I paid via PayPal for a bottle of ZEP 32 oz. Mold Stain and Mildew Stain Remover for $2.53 with Free Shipping from a member who has 18 stars and signed up with eBay on Aug 19, 2018 and is based in the US. I just now signed on and see he sent ...

Over pricing

I did not realize that e-bay does not guard against price gauging of an item. For instance, I wanted to see if there were any Brillo Scrub Squares for sale since the store I usually go to is out of the item. I checked here on E-bay and was so very sh...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 169 replies
  • 1 helpful

bidding

Im sorry it is not fair for someone to use that program. ebay does not recommend it but it allows it. ebay stop allowing it. i keep getting out bid by one dollar in the last second and it wont let me change me bid. that is rigged. it should not be al...

Resolved! Silence of the "Best Offer" seller

It's been discussed to death, but... Sent in couple of best offers on $300 item. Finally got a counteroffer of $200 on $150 bid. Sent in $175 kind "meet me halfway" offer... Haven't heard from the seller, sent in asked $200 couple of hours before exp...

Should seller be willing to grant cancellation of order due to not listing the gender of item?

So recently, I purchased a pricey wristwatch that I have been wanting and paid right away. An hour or two later, while excitedly reviewing my purchase, I started to have a sneaking suspicion that the item might be a ladies version of this watch. I am...

need BLOCK SELLER function

Since there is a block buyer function why has it not been made available for buyers to block sellers that have been disingenuous or difficult?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 146 replies
  • 9 helpful

Resolved! Seller sends the counteroffer. I want to accept. The lowballing bid cancels even the sellers offer.

As the title says, some members are very proficient at systematically putting the lowest possible bids, when they see that people (buyers) have send the offers to the seller.The seller sent me his counteroffer, I was about to press the button to acce...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 142 replies
  • 0 helpful

Rude Seller

How do you talk to a seller who blocks your bids and prevents your email while you arte trying to explain a uinintentional mistake that you were then unfairly blocked for? I attempted to purchase something from a seller who did exactly that even afte...

Mandated default payment for the make an offer option

Why is eBay requiring us to set a default payment before we can make an offer on items that have this option.? EBay says that this is for the customers convenience so the item will be automatically paid by your default payment if the seller accepts. ...

HAS EBAY ADDING TAX TO ORDERS KEPT YOU FROM BUYING?

I have been an ebay buyer for years! In my state Ebay started collecting sales tax on purchases many months back and I am wondering how many of you buyers have stopped buying on EBAY and how many Sellers have been hurt by this? Also, can someone plea...

Seller leaves feedback 1st.

I'm a buyer on Ebay not a seller. I leave feedback same day item arrives. I feel the seller should leave feedback as soon as payment is received. That's all the seller has to judge the transaction. If seller hasn't left it by the time I receive item ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors