Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

131 Days No Item No Contact from Seller

Paid for a guitar body on December 13, 2023 with an extended shipping time (from Dec to Feb) because items are made to order. Since Dec 22, 2023 the seller has not responded to any of my messages nor, of course have I recieved the item. The only mess...

Communication Preferences > Competing Offers

Communication Preferences > Buying Activity > Competing Offers "Competing Offers" is a recent addition. It's separate from "Offers to buyers" and "second chance offers" Can you tell us what that setting controls devon@ebay kyle@ebay ? I've asked a fe...

commpreferences-buyingactivity-competingoffers.png

Ebay reviews are FRAUDULENT!!!!!!

I've bought from Ebay for nearly 20 years, and to my recollection have never left a negative feedback. I left one a couple weeks ago because this seller was horrendous. I find out today that the seller "hid" the review according to the rep I was chat...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 25 replies
  • 2 helpful

New feedback form

Am I correct in understanding that you can no longer leave feedback for a buyer without rating the merits of the item you purchased? In other words, if you buy, say, a book, you have to read it and decide how much you liked it before you can assess t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

A seller blamed ebay for not shipping a item , it was 5 days late now ebay keeps sending me messages about leaving a feedback for the sellerI dont want to give a bad mark for someone with a 100% rating but blaming ebayand not giving me a good feedbac...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

On what planet is this considered sealed and unused?

Took advantage of lower prices on eBay and bought some toner cartridges for my laser printer. This is the second one that looks like this. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Seller does not accept returns....hahaha

heckofagame_0-1713893381602.jpeg

Authenticity Guarantee

Authenticity Guarantee does not show on my eBay app at all even though I filter to it. I’m shopping from South Africa , what seems to be problem? I went on the website but still does the same how do I know if the sneakers are real (and please don’t t...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

ORDER UPDATE email subject now missing the item name

This is not a good change, swapping in a generic subject "An update on your order" in the eBay ORDER UPDATE emails, as each of those emails will now have the same subject. Previously, the item name (or one of the item names in a combined shipment) is...

ise710_1-1713800202723.jpeg
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 1 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors