• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
invasion100
Community Member

Your account has been restricted indefinitely - can anyone help

Hi,

I have been selling on ebay since 2009 and recently received a notce today that "Your account has been restricted indefinitely"

We're writing to let you know that even though your selling performance has improved under the US seller performance standards program, it still has not met our standards; therefore, your selling account has been restricted. If you had any active listings prior to your restriction, they have been removed and your selling fees will be credited. If you recently sold an item they can be found in the sold section of your My eBay.

You can still get your messages in My eBay, and of course, complete any outstanding transactions with your buyers, but you won't be able to list any more items. This action doesn't affect your buying account. While this account is restricted, you're not permitted to sell on any other of your existing accounts.

Please complete any outstanding transactions with this account.

Now I am not sure why or how this may have been caused it. I did have a few bad months almost a year ago but I have had no issues since then and have tried to follow everything they have laid out for me to do. My ebay acount is invasion100 with 1222 amounts of feedback and only 3 negative in the last 12 months (2 neutral)

Can anyone give me any insight or help in what I need to do to get my account reinstated?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Your account has been restricted indefinitely - can anyone help

in reply to invasion100

same thing happened to me last night.  I have 100% feedback.  its BS

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to moxiegold9

Same thing happened to us last night. We have had perfect DSR for the last three months and poof we are gone. 10 year account.

Please use plain text.
invasion100
Community Member

in reply to invasion100

I did contact customer service and they told me that my seller was below their standards and said if I had contacted them back in February then this might not have happed but no other word

Anyone else have any ideas or solutions?

Please use plain text.
lookng2015
Community Member

in reply to moxiegold9
It appears they're culling any sellers with a 4.6 or less DSR. Btw 100% FB means nothing when your shipping DSRs are so low
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley

"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley

Please use plain text.
lookng2015
Community Member

in reply to invasion100
They really should change the wording because "indefinitely" in eBay speak = permanently and no there's not anything you can do once it happens.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
doronjosama
Community Member

in reply to invasion100

This happened to me last night too- my lowest star was 4.5, which I had understood was the lowest you were allowed to have and still be an average seller.

My account has been used for selling for 14 years, I haven't had a negative feedback in forever (got some neutrals a few months ago from a confused bidder who didn't understand why I refunded him an overcharge on shipping charges...), I have a 100% positive feedback rating and my buyers are all happy. I communicate with them, describe my items exactly (old comic books, so condition is important) and am up front about the length of time it takes me to ship with customers (I work two jobs, and eBay is a side thing, it can't be helped.) I use tracking on every package and input tracking numbers as soon as items ship.

I think I am being punished for the fact that I selected the 21 day shipping and handling option (why even have that option if we are going to be dinged for it?) and because I have opted out of eBay's postage & Global Shipping program. (I don't ship overseas anymore due to too many fraudulent bidders making off with my merch; this became untenable when sellers were no longer able to leave negative feedback. And I do all my own postage myself, I don't need eBay's widget to do it for me. I often lose money on postage because I let buyers combine auctions with one low fee.)

I am pretty irritated that I have been paying seller fees for years on this site and am basically being kicked off with no explanation and being told that I can still *buy* here, but can never sell here again. This is pretty annoying and I think it's horrible customer service. Without sellers, what does eBay even have? The buyers sure aren't paying the listing fees.

Please use plain text.
marilynsattic
Community Member

in reply to invasion100
I'm afraid in eBay speak, this translates to we just perm closed your account. The article in the paper suggested 15,000 usa sellers got shut down in this purge. I'm sorry.
Please use plain text.
urbansecuritygroup
Community Member

in reply to marilynsattic
Our account was closed overnight like many others on this thread sp I immediately contacted customer support. First called offered an ebay representative completely useless and obviously not willing to help. 2nd call a few hours later was more productve; was told of a technical glitch in the system and that account status + all removed listings will all be reverted within 48 hours to standing prior to the glitch.

Hopefully she speaks the truth....
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to urbansecuritygroup

lets hope its a glitch. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to moxiegold9

moxiegold9 wrote:

same thing happened to me last night.  I have 100% feedback.  its BS

You cannot go by your 100% feedback.  Look at your DSR star ratings.  After looking at those, I wouldn't say it's "BS."

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means... go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!"- Jack O'Neill
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to moxiegold9

I find it sad when ebay allows buyers to be a sellers judge, jury and executioner.  Most buyers don't have a clue what is involved in selling.  Put them in a seller position for 6 months and let's see what their star ratings will be.

My latest shipping charge ding came from a buyer who paid $10.00 for the item and $9.25 shipping.  She wanted it fast so I sent it priority at no additional charge~~cost me $10.60.  Then she leaves me less than positive feedback saying I charged almost as much for shipping as she paid for the item. 

I have 4 dings on my shipping charges and can't afford another stupid buyer dinging me again.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kattinsanity

kattinsanity wrote:

I find it sad when ebay allows buyers to be a sellers judge, jury and executioner.  Most buyers don't have a clue what is involved in selling.  Put them in a seller position for 6 months and let's see what their star ratings will be.

If you are referring to me with that statement- I am a seller.  For 12 years.  This is my posting ID.  My stars are 5.0,5.0,5.0 & 4.9 

Do ya think I "have a clue?"  I'm pretty sure I do

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means... go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!"- Jack O'Neill
Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to magnusabby

magnusabby wrote:

kattinsanity wrote:

If you are referring to me with that statement- I am a seller.  For 12 years.  This is my posting ID.  My stars are 5.0,5.0,5.0 & 4.9 

Do ya think I "have a clue?"  I'm pretty sure I do

This is a remarkable performance, congrats! Now, let's see how your stars will look like if you post here with your selling ID. It is common knowledge that some people go on revenge buying sprees with the sole purpose to destroy other sellers' ability to sell here (either because he / she is a competitor, or because of discussion board disputes) or, they set out to destroy another seller's TRS status which would bring them 20% off the ebay fees.

ebay is well aware of this unethical and despicable practice happening, but does absolutely nothing to help sellers affected by these wannabe-Judge-Judy-s. Similarly, there are some mentally unstable individuals who may leave negative feedback or positive with low star ratings, because this action makes them feel some power and control, even if for just a few minutes. They would down-grade a seller's stars just because they can, not because there was anything wrong with the item, or its condition, or its description, or the shipping cost...you got the picture.

Yes, there are some changes announced to the feedback system, but there is often no way to prove any connection between a person's buyer or seller ID(s). Because the burden of the proof is shifted to the victims of feedback abuse, and they are unable to prove their case, feedback (and subsequent dishonest star ratings) won't be removed by ebay. If you have been a seller for a long time here, you must be fully aware of this, already. Which is why you are using a posting ID, I must assume?

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to kattinsanity

kattinsanity wrote:

My latest shipping charge ding came from a buyer who paid $10.00 for the item and $9.25 shipping.  She wanted it fast so I sent it priority at no additional charge~~cost me $10.60.  Then she leaves me less than positive feedback saying I charged almost as much for shipping as she paid for the item. 

I have 4 dings on my shipping charges and can't afford another stupid buyer dinging me again.

The shipping star should have been removed entirely, long time ago. Even if we sellers pay much more than what the buyer paid for shipping, we can still get dings, unless we eat the ebay cool-Aid and list the item with FREE shipping. This would then mean, if there is a returned item for buyer's remorse, we can't even deduct the shipping charge but would have to pay back every dime, including the 5.99 or more that cost us to ship the item the first place. Offering free shipping would be the only way to protect our shipping star, but some buyers may still end up dinging the Item Description star, even if that is the ONLY star left to be able to rate - just because.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to invasion100

Just to come in here for a quick reply, I was suspended 8/5/12 around 12 PM. 

I really hope this is an error, been here for 7+ years.

Please use plain text.
lookng2015
Community Member

in reply to kattinsanity
Can't do much about people that think the cost of an item has anything to do with how much it costs to ship it.

Please use plain text.
lookng2015
Community Member

in reply to supercathy567
Based on your DSRs, probably not. Your shipping time took a beating

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to lookng2015

The logical reasoning behind their accusation is preposterous though.

We do see you are improving but we are going to indefinitely suspend you anyway.

Phenomenal business tactics, Ebay.

Please use plain text.
urbansecuritygroup
Community Member

in reply to supercathy567
As a new seller (<3 months) with a limited amount of transactions and very positive overall feedback & DSRs (& obvious performance improvements based on eBay's feedback since month 1), i am still unable to understand why my account was put on indefinite restriction.
Can someone look at my account and provide some possible reasons for the expulsion?

I also posted earlier that an eBay rep told me this was a glitch in the system and reassured me numerous times my status will be reverted and listings put back up within 48 hours. I did not believe her when she said it (questioned her intensively and time after time she apologized for the glitch and reassured me all will be fixed) and still feel she simply lied.

Has anyone else been told this was a "technical glitch" and all will be fixed? Do eBay reps have a history and reputatin of flat out lying? Is there any recourse offered for newly restricted sellers such as requesting a review of the automated decision by a human being (usa based preferably)? Will all the restricted sellers simply open up new ebay & paypal acconts now?

Overall the past two days have been extremely disheartenng and from my subjective viewpoint ebay has shown gross incompetence with their "purge" IF the actual goal was to improve the quality of eBay's sellers & buyers' shopping experience.
image.jpg
Please use plain text.