eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

return item to the seller by prepaid shipping label provided by eBay Customer Support.

Hi, I bought the headphone on eBay, sent it to my uncle 's address, when he received it, he sent this headphone to Vietnam for me.

but the headphone is Fake, I opened a case on eBay, the eBay Customer Support decided to sent it back to the seller and I will receive my money, they provided the pre-paid shipping label for me, but with the address in US, I can't use it in Vietnam.

So I want to know can I send with the other shipping service to seller's address, and it takes 2 weeks to deliver.

please help me, because I see on eBay " Please return the item to the seller by Sep-14-13 12:55:55 PDT and upload tracking information to receive your $205 refund."

If this headphone is delivered after 14-09-13, will I get the full refund.

Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
raduska75
Community Member

Re: return item to the seller by prepaid shipping label provided by eBay Customer Support.

in reply to zbzbzb08

You had these headphones basically re-shipped. Except instead using a re-shipper service, your uncle mailed them to you. If you have item re-shipped, you loose your buyer protection. The think is, no matter how you send it back, you have to use onlive viewable tracking and it will be seen coming back from Vietnam. Plus it won't get there on time. We just had this thread about something similar with  buyer from Chile. I hate to say it but I don't think you will be able to get refund. But hold on,maybe other posters will have different idea.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: return item to the seller by prepaid shipping label provided by eBay Customer Support.

in reply to zbzbzb08

Sorry, but I think you just lost your money.

You would have to expedited the item and label back to your US address.  (BIG COST)

Than rely on your uncle to get it to a clerk at the PO and beg them to scan it in as accepted.

If you can work that out.  You will be fine as long as the pre-paid label is scanned into

the post office before  Sep-14-13 12:55:55 PDT.

NEXT time don't start a case till day 44.  Return the item to your uncle before you file.

And you should have plenty of time.

Contact the seller under "other" so a case will not be auto started.

Good luck, WW

Please use plain text.
raduska75
Community Member

in reply to worthlesswife

Good points, ww. I don't know how much these headphones were but to send them back to US on time - such as Global Express Guarantee with USPS or expedited with UPS, I mean you are looking at 90 - 150 dollars, depending on how big the box/envelope , how much would it weight ..... International fast shipping is expensive. I had to do the express shipping once - time sensitive document - from US to Czech republic and it was about 40 dollars. For stupid piece of paper.

Please use plain text.
cynthealee2
Community Member

in reply to zbzbzb08

You had the items reshipped... doesn't matter who re shipped them all that matters is that they were reshipped.

You no longer have buyer protection.

Had the uncle opened them, inspected them, found the issue and sent them back from his house you would be covered.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html#exclusions

Here is the section of the BUYER PROTECTION POLICY  the section pertaining to you I bolded to make it easier for you to find.

Exclusions from eBay Buyer Protection

The eBay Buyer Protection Policy does not cover services and some kinds of goods; false, abusive or illegitimate claims; or purchases where you have been or may be compensated by a third party. eBay reserves the right to decide if items that are or may be prohibited or restricted by eBay policies are covered. The following purchases are excluded:

• Items eligible for protection under eBay's Business Equipment Purchase Protection.

• Items listed or that should be listed (under our listing policy) in these categories:

• Real Estate

• Vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats, tractors and ride-on lawnmowers)

• Businesses & Websites for Sale

• Classified listings on eBayclassifieds.com or eBay.com

• Items purchased on half.ebay.com

• Items purchased on the eBay Digital Music Center (artists.ebay.com)

• Items purchased on eBay Wholesale Deals (wholesale.ebay.com)

• Items shipped to another location after they had been received at the buyer's address specified in the eBay Order details page or PayPal Transaction Details page.

We may make available certain optional, third-party services that facilitate international shipping, such as the Global Shipping Program. The terms and conditions that govern the Global Shipping Program describe how buyers and sellers are protected by eBay Buyer Protection.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to raduska75

Nothing shows up in his purchase history for the cost quoted.

I know there are a lot of "uncles" out there helping their relatives get something.

Which I don't have a problem with.  Heck there are sellers here that play uncle to

many a foreign buyer/customer. 

But, too many relatives start increasing the amount they spend and lowering the feedback

%'s of the sellers.   Than WHAM BAM.  Reality hits and they lost their money.  OP wouldn't

be trying to get back their money back on a $20 item.

Relatives need to know that sometimes it's worth it to pay the real cost and get it from an

authorized dealer.   I have never lived in a foreign country.  But, I sure would be looking at

Japan as a source for high tech stuff instead of the US, if I was in Vietnam.  It might not

be any cheaper to return it, but you sure don't have to ask your uncle to mess with the return.

And get caught up on the new timeline for returns.  (which, I think is an improvement)

Since, you have lived in Czech Republic.  Is it really that hard to get high tech stuff from a more local source?

I would imagine the cost sure would be higher vs eBay.us.  Just don't know if things are available there.  And,

I'm trying to understand the risk some buyers take.

I'm giggling at the $40 for piece of paper.  I think you got a deal :smileyhappy: .  Last overnight, for me was $40 and it was only

200 miles away. 

Please use plain text.
cynthealee2
Community Member

in reply to cynthealee2

When did you buy the headphones, cause I can't find any headphones that come anywhere near 205.00 in your buying history....

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cynthealee2

""""We may make available certain optional, third-party services that facilitate international shipping, such as the Global Shipping Program. The terms and conditions that govern the Global Shipping Program describe how buyers and sellers are protected by eBay Buyer Protection."""""

Cynthea,

First off. I'm happy to see you posting again.  :smileyhappy:

Do you know off hand, if the buyer bought directly from a seller doing the Global Shipping.

Would eBay buyer protection cover them.  I think they are with the normal restrictions,,,, just not sure.

Please use plain text.
raduska75
Community Member

Hi, ww. I actually have few friends in CZ buying electronics online on ebay, both from other European countries and US because even with shipping it can be cheaper. They also had quite expensive cell phone plans compare to rest of Europe and pretty much everybody until very recently. So I cannot speak for all international buyers but I do know that for some items it might be worth the risk. But I have to say, my friends do not use re-shippers (not even me :smileyhappy:), they just look around for sellers that do ship internationally.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

worthlesswife wrote:

Sorry, but I think you just lost your money.

You would have to expedited the item and label back to your US address.  (BIG COST)

Than rely on your uncle to get it to a clerk at the PO and beg them to scan it in as accepted.

If you can work that out.  You will be fine as long as the pre-paid label is scanned into

the post office before  Sep-14-13 12:55:55 PDT.

NEXT time don't start a case till day 44.  Return the item to your uncle before you file.

And you should have plenty of time.

Contact the seller under "other" so a case will not be auto started.

Good luck, WW

Even then if the seller can prove to Ebay it was reshipped they will still lose their protection.  There is no way a seller should be held liable once an item gets reshipped.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to longbeard1975

LB,

Do you know off hand, if the buyer bought directly from a seller doing the Global Shipping.

Would eBay buyer protection cover them?  I think they are with the normal restrictions,,,, just not sure.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]

It should not matter either way.  Even if the item is reshipped through GSP a sellers liability should end when the item is recieved in Kentucky.  Once the item is there and is repackaged why should a seller be responible if they fail?

It still remains to be seen how Ebay will actually deal with that, but according to Ebay they make it sound in the fluff the seller only has to get it to the site in Kentucky.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Interesting.  I have missed the item being repacked.

I just took for granted the packages would go to the Kentucky airport sort

and when they fill a pod up.  They would than fly to the next international sort.

Than distributed on down the chain. 

Some sellers seem to love it and others don't.  But, I would think it is really based on the items

they sell.  Thanks for the reply.  WW

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Even if they don't repackage it and just slap a new label on it.  How can the seller be responsible for what could happen in that.  Like they put the wrong label on the wrong box.

Please use plain text.
raduska75
Community Member

longbeard1975 wrote:

Even if they don't repackage it and just slap a new label on it.  How can the seller be responsible for what could happen in that.  Like they put the wrong label on the wrong box.

I think in GSP rules it states that seller would not be responsible for stuff like that - anything that happens in shipping from Kentucky to destination -  and any negative feedback received based on that would be removed.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to raduska75

That is what it states, but have seen a couple of posts contradicting that.  I think if Ebay is holding sellers responsible they are setting themselves up for a major issue.

Please use plain text.
cynthealee2
Community Member

worthlesswife wrote:

""""We may make available certain optional, third-party services that facilitate international shipping, such as the Global Shipping Program. The terms and conditions that govern the Global Shipping Program describe how buyers and sellers are protected by eBay Buyer Protection."""""

Cynthea,

First off. I'm happy to see you posting again.  :smileyhappy:

Would eBay buyer protection cover them.  I think they are with the normal restrictions,,,, just not sure.

Seller has to be signed up for the Global shipping. 

Example if this OP had bought from me, he would not have been covered, because I am not signed up for Global Shipping, I don't ship to his country, AND He had it shipped to some one in the states that forwarded it to him. 

On the other hand, had the OP bought from some one that was signed up with Global Shipping, the buyer had the item shipped though eBay to that forwarding company** and then on to himself he would be covered.

**The forwarding company is actually eBay running a wharehouse/ distrubution center like the river does.  But I'm not sure how many have actually signed up for it,  I don't want it till they get all the bugs worked out of it so I am giving it a few years to settle down before I join in. 

Global shipping starting place:

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/shipping/globalshippingprogram/faq.html

Click through the various links it spells it all out in there.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to cynthealee2

Actually Cyn, a week or so ago many sellers got enrolled in it even if they had already opted out and unless you have opted out again you may be in it.  I was caught by that last week.

Please use plain text.
cynthealee2
Community Member

longbeard1975 wrote:

Actually Cyn, a week or so ago many sellers got enrolled in it even if they had already opted out and unless you have opted out again you may be in it.  I was caught by that last week.

noooooooooooooooooo.... going to go check

Please use plain text.
cynthealee2
Community Member

in reply to cynthealee2

cynthealee2 wrote:

longbeard1975 wrote:

noooooooooooooooooo.... going to go check

OMG my heart stopped when you said that... I found it, and I'm still opted out of it....   I HATE when ebay "glitches" and all of a sudden you are signed up for stuff you did NOT authorize....

Please use plain text.