eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
theobsessulator
Community Member

Won't let me buy.

I have been trying to buy an item via BIN for a week at least.  Every time I try, I get this red banner that says something like, "The seller is currently not accepting bids for this item."  I also have tried to place the item into my shopping cart (which I never use anyway, but I wanted to see what happened), and then I get this message that says the seller will not sell to buyers who don't satisfy certain criteria or something to that effect.  I have also tried asking a question of the sell through the listing and it won't let me do that either.  I have never, in all my years on Ebay, seen this.  Any ideas?

The item is still listed. 

Please use plain text.
instantvideogames
Community Member

Re: Won't let me buy.

in reply to theobsessulator

Sellers can block buyers for lots of reasons. Then there's an option to prevent blocked bidders from contacting you.

Could be you don't have a linked Paypal account, too many unpaid item strikes, registered in a country he doesn't ship to, etc.

Please use plain text.
myangelandmyprincess
Community Member

Sounds like you are blocked from buying from that seller.

Sellers can block set auto blocks for unpaid item strikes, policy violations, countries they don't ship to. Or can just have your name on a block bidder list. They also have it set where blocked buyers cannot contact them. You'll have to find another seller

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Please use plain text.
Community Member

You've been blocked, for one reason or another. Nothing you can do other than move on and try to find a different seller selling the same item.
Posting ID Only
Please use plain text.
mudshark61369
Community Member

theobsessulator wrote:

I have been trying to buy an item via BIN for a week at least.  Every time I try, I get this red banner that says something like, "The seller is currently not accepting bids for this item."  I also have tried to place the item into my shopping cart (which I never use anyway, but I wanted to see what happened), and then I get this message that says the seller will not sell to buyers who don't satisfy certain criteria or something to that effect.  I have also tried asking a question of the sell through the listing and it won't let me do that either.  I have never, in all my years on Ebay, seen this.  Any ideas?

The item is still listed. 

You have left many soft positives for sellers, and have made mention of "negotiating prices".  Could this be a seller whom you have previously dealt with?   They could have blocked you.  Otherwise as the others have said, eBay allows sellers to set up automatic blocks, for different reasons.  If you met the criteria for one of those there is nothing you can do, if the seller has set their communications preferences to not allow coms from a blocked buyer.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS! (unknown)
Please use plain text.
tonystark74
Community Member

in reply to mudshark61369

mudshark61369 wrote:
You have left many soft positives for sellers, and have made mention of "negotiating prices".  Could this be a seller whom you have previously dealt with?   They could have blocked you.

Also, some sellers will share a problem buyer's ID with other sellers who sell in the same category.

Please use plain text.