Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Bidding on Ebay is a waste of time!

Nothing I will post will come as a surprise. But, DO NOT USE THE BIDDING SYSTEM! Sellers allow private bidders. What that means is that the seller can set up private accounts as a guest to eBay to bid. They do this for high dollar items they want to ...

Getting UPS to cooperate in case of a tracking scam

I'm a victim of the fake-tracking number scam as detailed/tracked here by ittybitnot. I have been trying to get UPS to confirm, in writing, that the tracking number I was provided was for somebody else's package entirely. I managed to get both a loca...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

false delivery claims for sales......

I ordered and paid for an item that was to be delivered 4/16 (at time of sale) today is 4/17 now delivery is 4/22... I NEEDED IT 4/16...TrieD to contact E-bay costumer service.... non-existent as they are on same delay.... !0 year user of E-bay... ti...

Suspended

Hello, I've been suspended for a few days and ebay support won't tell me why... suggested I create a new account.I have explained my situation several times, so I have two countrys from which I shop UK and Lithuania. No one said why I was suspended. ...

Defective item replacement

I recently purchased a replacement LCD monitor. The item arrived, looked fine but I never opened the package due to a city election I was in the middle of. After about 6 weeks I was finally able to get to install this monitor, when I did the monitor ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help! How do I stop the side pop ups when using a laptop?

I do a lot of business buy and selling on eBay. When I'm on the computer those side pop ups telling me I've been outbid are beyond annoying! I don't know how to make the stop and if I click on another web page and come back it waits for me and the po...

new search category needed

Due to some sellers obfuscating details of their selling description, A new search category is needed to eliminate sellers with a less than optimum feedback ratings. Let's just say the buyer could eliminate all sellers with less than 98% rating. Or a...

Phony vintage signs

Been around , collecting , buying and selling antiques for at least 40 years! Have been on Ebay since somewhere before 2000! And yet in all those years, all those auctions, all those garage sales all those Craigslist adds I have never seen even one o...

Ebay check-out payment changes

I have been buying on ebay for well over 20 years and I will no longer buy on ebay until the check-out payment policies get straightened out.I cannot understand why ebay has chosen to force the buyer to make payment instantly and also to not allow th...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Search for a specific brand

I have been an ebay buyer and seller for over 20 years yet I suddenly can't find useful search tools. How do I search for a specific brand, I don't want the search limited to a category, I want the results for everything that is listed for a specific...

Anyone else furious about ebay's new "pre-checkout" before bidding?

I had put a bid on an item a few days ago, just like always.Today it was down to the last few minutes, and I was excited to put my maximum bid in. . .But unbeknownst to me ebay now requires you to "pre-checkout" (enter all your payment info) before b...

Item return to seller by postal service.

I purchased a rim on ebay. The Items was returned by the postal service. The seller received the item and refuses to refund purchased payment. Ebay sided with the seller. So now the seller has the item and my money. Ebay decided to do nothing. How ca...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

fraudster

I have bought an item on eBay from the USA the seller has stated that he has sent the item now the seller contacts me again and says he cannot send the item because he has a problem with the label printout he has already said this before but then it ...

recieved notifaction abusive buyer policy message

so i buy a small portion of crt monitors on ebay because i have hard time find them where i am,and unfortunately mostly been damaged or just junk goods delivered,now i recieved a warning as a bad buyer though sellers done all to hide the damaged part...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors