eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Re: Making Money From Mailing Letters/Postcards At Home - Fact Or Fiction???

in reply to amarillo*slim
BC some of us were searching recently on this topic !
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to max_detwieler
Not deceitful if odffereing real information !!people companies charge for information all the time magazines books etc
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
The way this works. Is that yes you mail out an information flyer but before that you must advertise the information you will mail, something of interest someone wants and in your ad you say mail a sase(self addressed stamped envelope with 5$ cash or money order ) then when you receive their envelope you mail the information and that's your 5 for that envelope
Simple ! Not a scam labor intensive and suggest a PO box so your address isn't bombarded keep the addresses that come for future mIling list good luck yes it works if person wants info you are selling get it? Hope this helps!
Please use plain text.
max_detwieler
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret

This is a very funny scam once you figure it out... 

step 1. Looking for get rich quick schemes you see this ad in which you can make money stuffing envelopes!

step 2. you must send $2 to them and they will send you the instructions on how to make this money, include a self addressed                        stamped envelope. 

step 3. mailing to you this information can be sent sooner for an extra $3 dollars, include a self addressed envelope

step 4 You are excited so you send the $5 to rush the instructions!! Dont forget to include your self addressed envelope!

step 5. opening the mail box you see your self addressed envelope, overjoyed you hurry up and open it , You can wait to begin                    this envelope stuffing job, you get to stay at home and be with your kids, you have it all planned out!. you even cleared out a              space in your house, you bought a new table and even found a machine that folds the envelope stuffer stuff.

step 6 when you open the envelope, you remove a one page folded letter. you hurry to unfold it, you get a real confused look on                   your face as you read!

The Paper reads something like this:

1: contact your local newspaper and take out a classified ad under Home Jobs

2: copy the same ad you replied to and place in the papers classified area using you own P.O. box number

3: whe you receive your first reply

a: remove money order 

b: remove self addressed stamped envelope

c: make copy of these instructions

d: fold and stuf  instructions into SASE

e: Mail return envelope!

f:  cash money order

I fell for this one about 25+ years ago.. I could not bring myself to deceive people in this way and then ask them to deceive others in this same way.. Who knows.. i might have been sitting pretty today if i had done it then!!!

Please use plain text.
delilah9847
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
They are still playing this scam? Sheesh...I remember this scam from the 90's
Please use plain text.
jackiekenya
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret

I highly doubt if there's an easier way of making money.

SCAM

Please use plain text.
annadryl
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret

Reminds me of "assemble in your home" gadgets and toys for companies that didn't have assmbley lines. It was a rip-off and I'm pretty sure it's illegal now.

"Make money in your spare time"!!!

Please use plain text.
amarillo*slim
Community Member

in reply to suebrub

Whyy resurrect a 7 year old thread.??

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
I am at a dead end seems like I have signed my life away in applications and interviews but nobody gives me a break I'm in my 50's I'm not made of stone I won't break I just need a way to make money so I don't feel useless in my life
Please use plain text.
Community Member

i use to work for a company at home years ago, in the state of Orgen, i did 50 letters and made not much i receive to checks not much.  i had to pay for my own stamps they reminbrust me but i also paid for my supplies that suck that all i had to share with anyone. you have to be careful.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Making Money From Mailing Letters/Postcards At Home - Fact Or Fiction???

in reply to catdogferret
the "usual" work at home scams:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/invest/homewrk.htm
Disclaimer: FREE ADVICE.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
Re: #10 - If you understand the word exponential, you are on your way to understanding why this can't work. Someone may make some money, but it will be at the expense of others. Like the King who agreed to pay a wager with one grain of rice doubled on every square of the chess board (1x2x2x2x2x2x2x2...) you have to involve so many people to pay those first involved that soon every person in America would be involved sending money to others. The problem is that it collapses under it's own weight very quickly. If it worked in perpetuity, we would all be sending money to other people every day. While there would be exceptions (very few), most of us would be sending out more than we took in. This is presented as a money tree and there is no such thing. If it was presented at the newspapers and television shows mentioned, it was no doubt to warn people away from it.

THIS IS A SCAM. I REPEAT: THIS IS A SCAM.

As to any envelope stuffing opportunity, you have to put your business person cap on. I can hire someone to stuff envelopes for $6 an hour. Now I find I can only hire a very lazy person and he only stuffs one envelope per minute so he does 60 an hour. That works out to 10 cents an envelope. Well, I don't think that's real great since I can do 4 per minute but I can't get anybody else. Wait. I got an idea. I'll pay someone at home $1 or $2 or even $5 per envelope. Yeah! That makes sense to me.

In fact, it would be fun to offer to these companies to go to work for them directly using the logic above. Say Mr. Remailer, why not hire me as an employee? If you'll pay me by check every week, I will stuff those envelopes for just 50 cents each! (or make up your own figure). -and yes, you will be happy to relocate. If the original offer was legitimate, they should be very interested in this chance to save/make more money for the company.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
It's a scam. You pay them a small amount to tell you to put an ad in the paper to get people to pay you to tell them how to make money stuffing envelopes.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
I think lazy may have received a flamingo, thus the post is missing. :smileywink:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com I was nothing more than an almost innocent bystander!

Please use plain text.
th61
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
*blinking and looking around for this person of whom you speak*
Toni
~ * ~ Official Unofficial Business & Industrial Board Hostess, Poet, and Disco Queen ~*~
~*~ You could say I lurk, but the simple truth is that I have nothing to add to the conversation ~*~
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
Lazyeug271, I think the "lazy" part must be accurate. Thanks for the pyramid scheme, though. Are there still people who fall for this stuff?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com I was nothing more than an almost innocent bystander!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
If I remember correctly, it was based on how many mailers he purchased. I think the minimum was round $75 for maybe 100 mailers, and you paid the postage on it.

He said that the inserts were along the lines of foldable ladders and things along those lines. I guess the envelopes would be filled with ads that I normally through away. It sounded like stuff that was found on late night informercials.

After we discussed it some, with me asking questions, he did not get into it.

They said that the postage was refundable, but they menat that you would make the postage back in sales, not get the money from them.
Please use plain text.
th61
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
SCAM
Toni
~ * ~ Official Unofficial Business & Industrial Board Hostess, Poet, and Disco Queen ~*~
~*~ You could say I lurk, but the simple truth is that I have nothing to add to the conversation ~*~
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
Momo - Do you know how much money your friend had to invest? What were the chances of somebody actually buying something? What company was it? Was it all really worth it?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to catdogferret
I had a friend who looke dinto this. I am a skeptical one and was asking him questions as he was viewing the web site. What the deal with this one was that you put flyers in the envelopes for different products. If someone bought one of those products you made a commission on the sale.

With the one he looked at, you had to buy into it and pay the postage, which the said was recovered by your sales.

Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.