Community Member

Re: Drop shipping... Legit or Scam?

in reply to real-businesses

GREAT POINT!!!!!

Please use plain text.
fourcornersdirect
Community Member

It's a good idea to make sure you have a willing partnership with the company you plan to drop ship for. Going to a company's site and inputting your billing information, and your eBay buyer's shipping information, without ever physically possessing the item yourself is a very blatant violation of eBay terms, since you are sharing your buyer's information with a third party.

Not only this, but the business may notice what you're doing and start notifying those ship-to customers of the true cost and the fact that their information has been shared. 

Just do business in an integral way and you will have nothing to worry about. 

Please use plain text.
mwk
Community Member

in reply to stupiddogproductions

100% scam.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste

Heyz I recently got offered a job as a premium agent for Easy way shipping LTD. But are they real or fake?? I get 30$ for every parcel and get paid at the end of the month........I mean it sounded legit with the appl.cation form and agreement but whats their website so I don't get scammed here.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste

Your best shot is to find true wholesalers. Some will drop ship for you, however, the legit wholesalers NEVER charge a fee for "joing" often times these are MIDDLEMEN.

Legit wholesalers will also ask for a sellers resale permit, tax id and in some cases business license before selling to you.

Nessa

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste

what about gobuytime are they good?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
My Drop shipping company has worked fairly well for me so far. I have only been an ebay member for 2 months and I'm still trying to get the hang of it but i have made approx $500 profit on my few sales. The compition on ebay is alot higher than I suspected but I find I can still sale items for more than what people list the same items on ebay. A good description and customer service goes along way. My advice for drop shipping is research the item you want to sale and cross reference through ebay, the internet, and don't expect to sell an item everytime you list it.

Knowledge is Power!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
drop-shipping really does not work on the internet,whatever anyone says.Unless you have the buying power of a chain like wal-mart,you can't make a real profit.Do not resort to drop-shipping because you will be sorry in the end.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Drop shipping... Legit or Scam?

in reply to toddceleste
wholesale_vending_products -- yes, but you also sell on eBay. So you are competing with your customers!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
There are many dropshipper service out there and its luck to find the right one, best thing is not to pay by PayPal or anything else, only pay with credit card because they have a fraud protection.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
check out

http://wholesaledex.com

Pretty good free directory of wholesalers and dropshippers
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
shopnshopexpress.com is a pretty good drop shipper. I ordered an xbox by mistake, but it arrived in 3 days. So their shipping time is ok. Also my friend tracy who uses it recomended the site to me, & also she has not had any problems with this site, from what I know.

But my xbox was in excellant condition, I paid $264.00 & sold it for $280.00
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
a my picture at Folk Art Show
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
I have found the same problems with drop shippers. There are 1,000 of the same products being sold on E-bay, same price, same item, same picture. When you list your's you are just adding one more to the list.I finally closed my store because it was costing me more than I was making. You have to have a unique item to be able to make any money. I used many drop shippers and wholesaler's and had very few problems, but again everyone is selling the same thing. If they don't charge a set up fee those are the one's that everybody is using.
Please use plain text.
bargain_bin00
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
If you are paying a fee, they are not a legit dropshipper. Not to mention ebay has 1000s of the same item and the competition is fierce. Good luck if it works for you.
Please use plain text.
bargain_bin00
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
I dont use any of them. Its better to have the product in your hands especially when the new policies take effect.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
Hey yall, i have used dropshipping before and now still do so, i just started an online store a couple months ago, and i have had a couple sales, still waiting on the search engines to place me. but stay away from getestore.com, i used them in the past, they are high, i only sold one t6 trikke from them. other supplier i now use are megagoods.com.. i have had great raves bout the products. coffelocker.com, great tasting gourmet coffee. the thing is before you sign up with any dropshipper is see if they are on bbb.com if they have atleast c or better, they are in good standing with the bbb. megagoods.com is a monthly fee of 14.95, but u can upgrade. the rest of my suppliers are free, with a very low dropshipping free.... ALWAYS RESEARCH THE DROP SHIPPER BEFORE SIGNING UP
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
Yes. But of course, that is the way it is...

To edurant546's comment "And your going to turn around a charge people $35 to teach them how to do it right huh? *Sigh*"... Why the Sigh?

It takes time and money to learn a skill so it should be expected that one should be compensated for teaching it to others. Otherwise, college would be free...

"At University of Chicago we can teach you how to do open heart surgery"...

edurant546 "And you're going to turn around and charge people $60,000 to teach them to do it right?"...

Yes, an education costs money.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
Isn't it amazing how many experts exist on everything. And they all have something to sell. You know what they say about opinions.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to toddceleste
And your going to turn around a charge people $35 to teach them how to do it right huh? *Sigh*
Please use plain text.