cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best time of day / week to sell?

kemarch001
Enthusiast
Is there a particular time of day, or a best day of the week to sell items on ebay? If I'm on the west coast, what time should I post my auction to be assured that my auction will close at "the best time of day" to capture the east and west coast bidders while they are still awake?
Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Best time of day / week to sell?

I feel if you give the buyers the right product at a good price then there will not be any hindrance with your product sale.
You may visit our blog on How to sell successfully on Ebay to get more about the same.
eBay Virtual Assistant - Outsource your eBay store for greater efficiency at lower costs
Message 31 of 52
latest reply

I start my 7 day auctions between 9PM & Midnight Eastern Time so they end between 6PM & Midnight for everyone. (I only sell in the US.) I start auctions any day other than Friday & Saturday because I don't want to miss last minute bids from weekend partiers or religious observers.
Message 32 of 52
latest reply

I'm glad I visited this board--ignore my previous post! I've sold a lot of books and collectible items where I wanted to reach my bidders when they were home for the evening. This will be my first attempt at selling industrial items and I realize I need to have my auctions end while people are still at work if I want to reach last minute bidders. My new target start time will be Tuesday evenings between 4- 4:30 PM Eastern Time.
Message 33 of 52
latest reply

I'm glad I visited this board--ignore my previous post! I've sold a lot of books and collectible items where I wanted to reach my bidders when they were home for the evening. This will be my first attempt at selling industrial items and I realize I need to have my auctions end while people are still at work if I want to reach last minute bidders. My new target start time will be Tuesday evenings between 4- 4:30 PM Eastern Time.

bahumbug:-p
did i spell that correctly
Message 34 of 52
latest reply

This is a work in progress. Do you have a better suggestion of what time is the best to list? I will be listing a lot of machinists items like drill bits, chucks, reamers, cobalt lathe bits, carborundum, and a lot of things that I am still learning the names for. Is it best to have these auctions end while bidders are at work, or would I do better having auctions end the way I usually do when people are home in the evenings? Any suggestions would be appreciated as I will be traveling in territory that is new to me. Right now I'm trying to learn the language a little so I can describe items correctly and place them in the proper category.
Message 35 of 52
latest reply

sorry
i say usual
all those headed under collectibles
if you have any sharpening hone stones,research carefully,they bring good money...with proper id.
Message 36 of 52
latest reply

Thanks!
Message 37 of 52
latest reply

For fixed price listing, I think the relevance of end time is negligible. However, some people do still tend to buy near the end probably in fear it may not be relisted, the price will go up, or just because ebay sent them reminders near the end of the listing.

On auctions, I think it depends on your target buyer. Business/Industrial items could be bought by business people who only do during work hours, or by proprietors looking for a deal after their normal work hours. I think you need to decide based on the product and potential buyer. If consumers like to buy the item, I like to end it on Sunday nights. If businesses may buy, I like to end later morning after people have checked their morning email, or early afternoon, after lunch, but before they are just thinking about getting off for the day.
Message 38 of 52
latest reply

Thanks Utilitysupplies. I will be auctioning small lots of a variety of new and used items which would probably appeal more to someone bidding after hours. I don't think I have the type and quantity of items that a person would want to make time to bid on during their work day. I think the main thing I need to do is have a lot of items of the same type up at once ending a few minutes apart so someone drawn to an item may find other auctions they are interested in to combine shipping costs.
Message 39 of 52
latest reply

toocute20001
Enthusiast

I would like the link but I am not sure how to get it sent to my email.

I am very new to ebay.

Please let me know or if this will work as it is as I would lilke the link sent to me.

Message 40 of 52
latest reply

toocute20001
Enthusiast

I would like the link but I am not sure how to get it sent to my email.

I am very new to ebay.

Please let me know or if this will work as it is as I would lilke the link sent to me.

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

triw_org
Enthusiast

Hello, just thought I'd mention this ebay research tool as it might answer your question 😉

just try it, it's free after all

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

aguila1002012
Enthusiast
I guess the most important thing to sell is good detail descriptions I sold a I phone 4 rated 8/10 condition for $315 with a poor description and other similar phones sold to $400 and more
Message 43 of 52
latest reply

clocker0946
Enthusiast

Hello,

I'm interested in the link.  Send to clocker53 at yahoo dot com.  Thanks.

Rick

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

send me a link to your item for keywords and such please

Message 45 of 52
latest reply