cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best time of day / week to sell?

kemarch001
Enthusiast
Is there a particular time of day, or a best day of the week to sell items on ebay? If I'm on the west coast, what time should I post my auction to be assured that my auction will close at "the best time of day" to capture the east and west coast bidders while they are still awake?
Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Best time of day / week to sell?

addy13addy
Enthusiast

I would like that link

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

I have been in the eBay world for about 7 years and I found that Mondays are the worst and from there it gets a little better until the weekend, Saturday being the best. However, you do have to factor in holidays, world events and disasters. 

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

We love those "snipers!" I'm thinking about starting up a sniper school to recruit more of them for all our sellers. lol
Message 48 of 52
latest reply

Can anyone tell me what they believe is the largest sales volume week of the year for eBay?  A customer of mine wants her stuff held and listed during whatever week that is.  I am guessing it is the week after Thanksgiving but I really don't know.  I asked eBay if they would tell me, and they said yes but that I had to pay for the information.  Anyone out there willing to give me their best guess?  Thanks.

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

Since Craigslist is a similar concept the answers to this question for them is listed, as Fri, Sat, Sun being the hotest times to sell an item with Monday coming in 4th.  They lkist Tues Wed Thursday as slowest.  Actual time to post then would be late Thursday or Friday or early morning Saturday and Sunday.

@second-wind-auctions wrote:

Can anyone tell me what they believe is the largest sales volume week of the year for eBay?  A customer of mine wants her stuff held and listed during whatever week that is.  I am guessing it is the week after Thanksgiving but I really don't know.  I asked eBay if they would tell me, and they said yes but that I had to pay for the information.  Anyone out there willing to give me their best guess?  Thanks.

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

I agree with you about listing/relisting items at any time of the day. For some of those listings, I choose to do a few listings at the same time to catch buyers attention. Although if competition is high, which it is for jewelry sales on Ebay, searching "diamond engagement ring" will bring up several hundreds of thousands of listings.. You need to make sure your keywords are unique, and will catch the consumers searching those keywords you use in the title, regardless of the time entered. Search engine optimization ( SEO ) is overlooked by many sellers.

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

Hi,

I don't like selling on Sunday as I feel it is God's day.

So I choose Saturday at that is a normal day off.

DJB

Message 52 of 52
latest reply