eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Antique Fountain Syringe (Douche / Enema) Hartz & Bahnsen Co.

I am having a hard time researching this item I'm trying to sell. It is an antique Douche / Enema.

It is called: The Boston, Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe, other marketing copy on the box says Best Maroon Rubber Guaranteed Size 2, Hard Rubber Pipes, Hartz & Bahnsen Co. Rock Island, IL

I did a little bit of research and I the only thing I can find about Hartz & Bahnsen is a photograph of a building they had commissioned in Rock Island, Illinois in the University of Illinois Archives.

URL: http://www.library.uiuc.edu/archives/archon/index.php?p=digitallibrary/digitalcontent&id=6701

The photograph description indicates that the Hartz and Bahnsen Co. was a wholesale drug business in Rock Island, IL and that the bilding was completed in 1892.

There is nothing on the douche / enema or on the box indicating the year of manufacture or a model number. When I search on the internet there's nothing that comes up pertaining to this product.

I have the original box, the actual rubber bag, the original rubber hose and it has the original attachments that are made out of bakelite.

I know some may think this is kind of gross. This has no signs of previous use...otherwise I would have thrown the thing away.

I just don't know how to research this or have any idea how to assess a value. I know that there are a lot of collectors out there for antique medical supplies and this item is extremely unique. So if anybody can point me in the direction of any good antique medical equipment apprasers or any good resources for research I would greatly appreciate it. Or if anybody has any idea of a value or price I should sell it for or if anybody is interested in this item please let me know.

This item came from an estate aquisition in eastern Iowa, the decedent had a collection of unused antique medical equipment and supplies.

I'm enclosing photos with this post.

The Boston Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe by Hartz and Bahnsen Co. Antique Enema/Douche Open Box

Enema Douche Fountain Syringe 1

The Boston Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe by Hartz and Bahnsen Co. Antique Enema/Douche Open Box

The Boston Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe by Hartz and Bahnsen Co. Antique Enema/Douche Open Box - Hoses and Attachments

Enema Douche Fountain Syringe 2

The Boston Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe by Hartz and Bahnsen Co. Antique Enema/Douche Open Box - Closeup of Rubber Hoses and Bakelite Attachments

Enema Douche Fountain Syringe 3

The Boston Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe by Hartz and Bahnsen Co. Antique Enema/Douche Open Box - Closeup of Rubber Hoses and Bakelite Attachments

Antique Enema Douche Fountain Syringe 4

Enema Douche Fountain Syringe 4

The Boston Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe by Hartz and Bahnsen Co. Antique Enema/Douche Close Up of Branding on Rubber Bag The Seal Says: "Hartz & Bahnsen Co. The Boston Guarnteed Rock Island Ills."

The Boston Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe by Hartz and Bahnsen Co. Antique Enema/Douche Box - Label and Branding

Enema Douche Fountain Syringe 5

The Boston Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe by Hartz and Bahnsen Co. Antique Enema/Douche Box - Label and Branding

The Boston Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe by Hartz and Bahnsen Co. Antique Enema/Douche Box - Label and Branding Closeup 1

Enema Douche Fountain Syringe 6

The Boston Rapid Flow Fountain Syringe by Hartz and Bahnsen Co. Antique Enema/Douche Box - Label and Branding Closeup

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Antique Fountain Syringe (Douche / Enema) Hartz & Bahnsen Co.

in reply to jham7732

I am interested in purchasing!  How do I get in touch with you?

Please use plain text.