cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARKSEN AC welder BX1-250c1

Is the ARKSEN AC welder BX1-250c1 good for small sheetmetal jobs running on 110v? Has anyone had any problems with this product? If yes, please list/describe. Thank you. I was thinking of using one to weld 20-22 gauge sheetmetal for rust restoration on a vehicle, but I have no generator, so I planned on plugging into a 110v 20 amp circuit breaker outlet. I am a novice/beginner welder needing some information thanks again.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: ARKSEN AC welder BX1-250c1

Thanks anyway, I have found what I was looking for. The following is how to hook up a plug for both 110v/220v.

110v plug wiring: Green with yellow stripe: Ground, Blue: Hot, Brown: Negative

220v plug wiring: Green with yellow stripe: Ground, Blue: Hot, Brown: Hot.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

google would be your friend
║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║ ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║ ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

@friendly22013 wrote:

Is the ARKSEN AC welder BX1-250c1 good for small sheetmetal jobs running on 110v? Has anyone had any problems with this product? If yes, please list/describe. Thank you. I was thinking of using one to weld 20-22 gauge sheetmetal for rust restoration on a vehicle, but I have no generator, so I planned on plugging into a 110v 20 amp circuit breaker outlet. I am a novice/beginner welder needing some information thanks again.

Never used that brand myself, but I looked at da spec sheet fer that model...

Yer going ta have a problem runnin a 220 Volt welder on 110V no matter what yer trying ta weld. Ya need 220v

make sure da alternator is disconnected on any vehicle yer weldin on, If there's computers involved on the vehicle...

just taking da negative terminal off da battery is not enough. Yer better off taking da main harness plug off da computer (ECU)

than risk stray currents traveling through it from heavy welding.

Just my opinion

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

I've got oneof these, and it trips 20 amp 120v breaker in about 5 seconds when running a 1/8" 6011. So its basically useless on 110v. Have not tried it on 240v, but I plan to try that next. If that doesn't work off to Craiglist it goes. Others have reported it cannot be turned down enough to run 1/16" rods on 110v setting. Anyway, I really disappoined in this machine.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

I just got me an Arcsen BX 160 AC welder and so far I am very impressed! Its a heavy little machine unlike what I have got with harbor freight welders. I have mine running 110V with a 30amp fuse with a 25 foot 10 gauge extension cord (harbor freight 10 gauge extension cord $34.99 :)). Im having a hard time getting lincoln 1/8" 6011 to run a good bead but when I switch over to the rods that came with this welder (J422) the beads are beyond perfect! I have been running practice beads on 1/4" steel plate and there is almost no splatter at all and the slag rises up nice with no porosity and shatters off like a crisp clean egg shell revealing the shiny chrome stacked dime looking bead underneath! I just need to find out what the equivilent replacement is for these J422 rods!!!!! Not sure what, where are how to get more of these! I bought my welder for $85.95 shipped and cant complain at all! This machine makes me look experienced with my welds! I have taken several college welding classes using miller mig, tig and arc welders both 220V and 110V and these welds look just as good as I did with those machines no joke!

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

how or where do I get a welding chart to know how to set the Ark for the different thicknesses of metal. Is there a chart for this. a setting chart for welding. please email me at drveith68@gmail.com its for the Parkinson wire weld 130.
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

is there a welding chart for the settings of the different thicknesses of metal and how to set the arkall the the welder. I am talking about Arksenwelder 130 amp wire weld wire feed with flux. please email me if you know where I can get a chart for this atdrveith68@gmail.com thank you.
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

here is UK page pdf with welder spec. http://www.trueshopping.co.uk/content/BX1250Manual.pdf

I have had one of these welders for about a year and have it wired up for 220, it's great I have welded a trailer frame, fixed a shock mount on VW Bug, built a BBQ out of bed frames and 55gal. barrel, love it. If your just a DIY person with a little welding skill you will love it, but if your some oil field pipe welder and have been using some big lic tig welder then this is just going to **bleep** you off.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

I have the same problem with mine I can use it no more than 10 t0 5 seconds be for it trips my breaker its totally useless I should have went to habor freight got the tig welder 

@mrrhodes19 wrote:

I've got oneof these, and it trips 20 amp 120v breaker in about 5 seconds when running a 1/8" 6011. So its basically useless on 110v. Have not tried it on 240v, but I plan to try that next. If that doesn't work off to Craiglist it goes. Others have reported it cannot be turned down enough to run 1/16" rods on 110v setting. Anyway, I really disappoined in this machine.

@mrrhodes19 wrote:

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Thanks anyway, I have found what I was looking for. The following is how to hook up a plug for both 110v/220v.

110v plug wiring: Green with yellow stripe: Ground, Blue: Hot, Brown: Negative

220v plug wiring: Green with yellow stripe: Ground, Blue: Hot, Brown: Hot.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

i bought one come to find out it wont go down too low it is always on high what can i do four it  modle is arksen  ac  welder it is bk or bx it says bk250

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

I had exactly the same problems with mine. Just did hook up to 240 volts....WONDERFUL....wires cool...works great so far........

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Does your 160 trip the breaker at all? Mine won't weld for long before it trips it.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

I just bought this same welder. I want to hook it up 240 also. what amp breaker did you use?
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

When you say hooking it up 220, blue hot, brown hot do you have to change any of the wiring on the welder itself or just the feed (plug) of the power supply? I took the cover off and i can't make any sense of the wiring.
Message 15 of 34
latest reply