eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
working.man
Community Member

New Manufacture's Coupon Policy -- Why Does Ebay Constantly Find New Ways To Screw Sellers?

[ Edited ]

Just announced today, eBay's new policy restricts you to $100 face value, or 25 individual coupons PER MONTH.  Also coupons for free items, or anything like buy one get one free, are NO LONGER ALLOWED.   In other words, big brother eBay is disregarding anyone who has any kind of serious coupon selling business on eBay.

Now I've only sold a few sheets of coupons here in the past, but even the little bit I sold would have gone over their limits.  So anyone who sells these with any regularity is now totally screwed -- way to go eBay -- another category of sellers you've effectively removed.

I've also bought groups of coupons for items I buy regularly.  With this new screw-you policy, I'm sure those coupons are going to disappear from the listings, or become too expensive to make it worth buying.

Why do we put up with this?

Please use plain text.
hottclips
Community Member

Re: New Manufacture's Coupon Policy -- Why Does Ebay Constantly Find New Ways To Screw Sellers?

in reply to working.man
Yeah, I got the email! UGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!
Please use plain text.
dave1354
Community Member

Re: New Manufacture's Coupon Policy -- Why Does Ebay Constantly Find New Ways To Screw Sellers?

in reply to working.man

After being a seller on here since 1998, this will put me right out of business.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to working.man

Is there another website where they can be sold, like craigslist? I am so pissed  about this. I buy a lot of coupons.

Please use plain text.
kajah123
Community Member

in reply to working.man
Just so I understand correctly...does this new policy mean you can only list 25 total coupons per month or 25 coupon listings in which there are say 5 coupons per listing.
Please use plain text.
dave1354
Community Member

in reply to kajah123

I got someone from Salt Lake on the phone who verified it is either 25 or 100.00 whatever comes first. By the current policy, that's 2 listings.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to working.man

I guess I won't have to put up with it because I'm one of the ones they're putting out of business, **bleep** them to...

My question is, how can they implement this policy when, in accordance with a pre-existing Ebay policy, we do not sell coupons but envelopes with coupons given as freebies?  You can't put a limit on something that's (technically) not being sold in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to working.man

WEll after selling Coupons on here for so long, I guess its time for me to start getting my own website done! I can't believe they are doing this to people like me, who make their money selling them on here, not to mention the amount of money I pay to Ebay each month!! There are gonna be a lot of unhappy people.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dave1354

25 means one listing for me.  They already damaged my business when they raised the insertion fees.  If they put that many sellers out of business, aren't they' shooting themselves in the foot? 

Please use plain text.
heatherlynnbee
Community Member

in reply to working.man

I just started selling coupons on ebay but I buy a lot from here too! I was enjoying the extra cash but I dont where im going to buy from now! I have always skipped the coupon clipping sites because they are always out when I try to order...and that is a good question...how can they limit something that is free. ahh..

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to heatherlynnbee

AH , the heavy hand of EBAY strikes again.....Who or Whom does it harm to be able to purchase coupons for products? I rarely sell coupons, but do purchase them, and to me it looks like a win/win. I get products for nice discounts and sellers get a sale. Go figure...about as stupid as the DSR policy I raved about in earlier posts. Some of the things EBAY does are just not thought through, but they know they are the only game in town. Really unfair and totally harmful to sellers.

Please use plain text.
couponcrazytwo2012
Community Member

in reply to working.man

I have been selling small amounts of coupons for about a year and just this month signed up for an EBay store at a price tag of 60.00 a month! Do you think anyone told me a week ago that I would no longer be able to sell my coupons? Again, I agree that we should not be limited because the coupons are free and they are paying for a service.  This supplements my household because as a teacher my income is pitiful and my student loans are high. There must be another way to sell them and EBay can bite me.

Please use plain text.
kandlmarketing53094
Community Member

in reply to dave1354

Yep...I'm getting rid of my store.  Ebay is going to lose A LOT of money over this.

Please use plain text.
2afordthegas
Community Member

in reply to framelc

I love the benefit of coupons, but it is often time consuming.  I would love to purchase pages for my coupon binder that were already filled.  I would pay WAY more for prefilled pages than empty pages.

Just like someone that loves art would pay way more for a painted canvas than they would a blank canvas!

Doesn't seem like a far stretch to me....just sayin!!!

Please use plain text.
jcrowes2004
Community Member

in reply to working.man

What the hell? I just opened a store selling coupons and it was going so well! I do this to suppliment my grocery bill and now I am screwed! Not to mention the fees I paid. Starting my own blog and selling from there. Ebay sucks!!!!

Please use plain text.
cbluvsretlaw02
Community Member

in reply to working.man

I cannot believe it! My whole life revolves around saving money and trying to buget for my family of six with one income. I am a major couponer and rely on ebay services as we do not get good coupons in my area. First all the stores stop doubling coupons, and now no coupons to be had. I will be in financial chaos for sure. I want to know WHY??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to cbluvsretlaw02
If we all go to these two sites we will be fine. And we will save lots of money on final value fees. And listings fees!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to working.man

I just register also with ecrater there is a Bulk List/eBay Import on the site does that mean they will tranfer our listing to there site and if so will they be delete from ebay?

Please use plain text.
ctingle0927
Community Member

in reply to craigw9203

Make sure you take the time to read all of the policies on eCrater. It might seem like a great place to set up your "coupon shop" but I can see several areas where it could violate their terms of service. I know that they will shut a store down without any type of warning if you violate one of their policies. 

Please use plain text.
ericmd11
Community Member

in reply to craigw9203

Hi,

I just signed up with eCrater as well, and excited about this! 2.9% fee if a customer is directed to you using their marketplace, compared to eBays 10% FVF.

Please use plain text.