cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Finding Book Year/Edition

Hi,

I found a Stephen King Salem's Lot HC at a yard sale.  The book is pristine, but has no price on it.  Both of these reasons lead me to believe that its a Book Club Edition, recently released.  The dust jacket is the same as the 1st/2nd Edition, and the copyright page has 1975, but I know that can be misleading.  The back cover has a scanable ISBN, so I know it's not the 70s version.  Nowhere in the book does it mention BCE.  So I need to know the year and Edition before I can list.   I can't find any books exactly like it listed on eBay or Amazon.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

-Vince

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

2 REPLIES 2

I know bupkis about King F.E.s but I did find this:

https://letterpile.com/books/Stephen-King-First-Editions--How-to-Recognize-One

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Salem's Lot will have gutter code: Q37, on one of the back pages and will say "First Edition" if it is a first printing. Price will be $8.39.

The ISBN on your book does not correspond to a first edition which begins with 0385.z

The four digits 0965 are attached to Quality Book Club edtiions in my inventory. I would expect there to be a statement about that somewhere in the front matter, but perhaps not as this was printed from the original plates. 

The ISBN numbers don't match the copyright page and the UPC block.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply