cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting new feedback we just got

You all might want to look at my feedback and take appropriate action to protect yourselves against the same happening to you.    Just sayin'.  

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Possible error - some snake oil merchant may have the feedback intended for you.

Have you enquired of the buyer as to the reason for it?

A preoccupation with the next world is a clear indication of an inability to cope credibly with this one.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Must be something in the water ... last week, I got a message from eBay stating a buyer had not received a small lot of postcards in the mail.  

It's very rare that a standard mailing envelope goes missing like that, especially when mailed just one state away from mine.  But I promptly refunded her money, asking that if the "package" ever surfaced to please let me know.

I don't expect to ever hear back.  (I don't pay for additional tracking on a standard envelope when my mailing cost is only $1.00).  

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Just to clarify, the last time an envelope went missing, it was 8 or 9 years ago, and mailed to France. 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

variety_nook
Trailblazer

Are you referring to the negative feedback: "No response from seller"?

And what appropriate actions do you suggest a seller take to protect themselves from this sort of feedback? 

I guess I must be missing something. Were you contacted by this buyer? Why not just respond to the feedback and write: "Seller was never contacted by Buyer. ?????" or something to that affect.

All of your other feedback is positive. So I can only assume that you're referring to the 1 negative feedback.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I noticed that this sold item as well as current items have the banner of "This seller is currently away until Apr 28, 2017, and is not processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later."

Since he was able to buy it, I presume that he bought it before you turned on the vacation settings but emailed you after you left. When you turned on your vacation settings, did you also turn on the automatic response about being out of the office until such and such a date?

I would email the buyer to find out what the problem is and once it is resolved ask if he would remove the neg.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Oh, yes. The package I shipped to Germany 2 weeks ago is still in customs and my lovely customer is mad.  But he's especially mad that he emailed me at 5 in the morning and I didn't respond until noon.   I am truly a terrible seller.  

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I am suggesting that other sellers may not want to do business with some buyers and that perhaps the "block" list would be appropriate.   Wish I HAD looked at a buyer's "feedback left for others" before agreeing to a sale. 

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

The buyer has not responded to my emails.  

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Re: take appropriate action & block - that is what I thought you meant. However, unless you are the seller, buyers' IDs are disguised to others. For example, that buyer's ID shows as o***w to me. You would have to post the ID for any of us to block and that is a no-no. Long ago others could see the buyer's ID but that changed for several reasons.

I see that you left a factual comment in reply which is good. Have you considered using the "report this buyer" button and explaining to ebay what happened and asking for the neg to be removed?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I did do the "report buyer" to ebay, explained the situation and asked for the neg to be removed.  They have not responded.  

I forgot that others can't see this buyer.  

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@greekdrama wrote:

I did do the "report buyer" to ebay, explained the situation and asked for the neg to be removed.  They have not responded.  

I forgot that others can't see this buyer.  

I would certainly hope ebay removes that negative you received. It was very uncalled for. Some people are just very impatient.Man Indifferent

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for the clarification.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Have you called eBay?  I would encourage you to do so.  I had a ridiculous negative removed last year in a less egregious situation  than yours.  

And for those who don't know, the easiest way to get eBay on the phone:

1.  Click "help and contact" at the top of the home page

2.  Click "contact us" at the bottom of that page

3.  On the new page, hover over "Selling", choose "Money Back Guarantee and Returns", then choose "appealing a decision".

When the autovoice on the phone asks if you are appealing a decision, say "yes".  The customer service rep won't care that you are not.  Two years ago I would have said you have a 50/50 chance of a circuitous nightmarish conversation but the last 6-9 months I've had a 4-1 ratio of understanding eBay reps versus clueless.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Thanks, I will try that.  I did file a "report this buyer" asking that the neg be removed but of course ebay hasn't bothered to respond.   I'll give them a call on Monday.  

And if anyone would like more information about this sale etc., please feel free to use the contact button.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply