cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book Listing Removed Barnes & Noble Still Selling

I recently have had a couple book listings removed secondary to content.  One a "nude photographs" and another WW2 old Field Manual.   I notice with the nude book that Barnes & Noble has multiple copies of this book for sale , and the Field Manual has 30 listings for the same manual.  My question to you is :  Have you had this experience?   I call the support team and they say "We want to protect your selling status" yet will give me no explanation other than we haven't removed the other listings yet.  How hard  would it be to set up algorithm to eliminate these books.  It seems like a double standard.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have had items removed from sale and seen other copies of the same items left on sale.

But then, I only list about 30 items at a time, not 30,000. The reason mine were removed and others were not would appear to be pretty obvious.

A preoccupation with the next world is a clear indication of an inability to cope credibly with this one.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You don't think they would favor sellers do you!!!!  LOL

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I think the difference is that someone reported your specific books to ebay. But not the others.

A competitor? A disgruntled buyer? An ex-lover?

Who knows?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

For the most part, listings in violation of ebays terms\services\rules are found and removed in one of two ways, automated bots searching keywords\desciprtions,etc,  and\or other people on ebay reporting your listing as a violation.

In many cases, the use of certain keywords\phrases in your title can and will draw the ire of the bots and certain listings will be delisted as against policy even thought there are many alike available on ebay. Typically, you can cross analyze the listings that have been historically allowed, see which words you are using that they are not, and remove those words of phrases from your listing and description.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply