Ask any question about any book Part II

satnrose
Guide
Ask
Message 1 of 4,794
latest reply
4,793 REPLIES 4,793

Also, bottom lower of front pastedown reads A150150.
Message 31 of 4,794
latest reply

Thanks Satn. This here is a Big Golden Book. I should have said that. d'oh.
Message 32 of 4,794
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
You have the "A" printing, i.e., the first printing of the Golden Book edition.
Message 33 of 4,794
latest reply

Hooray, I win! Thanks, darlin'.
Message 34 of 4,794
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Provensen
Message 35 of 4,794
latest reply

SATNROSE:

Thank you for the information and taking the time to answer my questions.
Message 36 of 4,794
latest reply

You're wonderful. The next quandry: I have no clue what to charge for it.
Message 37 of 4,794
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
Swag it.

to swag = to make some wild as* guess
Message 38 of 4,794
latest reply

I swag(g?)ed it alright. It'll probably never sell, but I priced it at 500. Hoo!
Message 39 of 4,794
latest reply

lakitla
Enthusiast
It'll probably never sell, but I priced it at 500.

Ahhh...the optimism of youth! I certainly hope that you get your price. However, my experience has shown that 1st ed, Giant Golden books with illustrations by the Provensens go for between $25 - $100. Depending on subject (mythology for example) and condition.

There are always exceptions (both higher and lower priced) of course, and I haven't done an research on the scarcity of this title.

Speaking of research - used.addall.com can be very helpful. Abe.com will allow you to search with the publisher information but there aren't enough books being listed there to always come up with the right price. Still, a good place to start sometimes.
Message 40 of 4,794
latest reply

debsfinebooks
Enthusiast
Found a copy of Arizona Pioneer Mormon by David King Udall, first printing hardcover in a less than perfect dust jacket, but the book and interior are very good. It appears to be a relatively scarce title with asking price in the range of $50-60. Just wondering if this is realistic on eBay, or should it start lower? category-- nonfiction biography, religious, or ?. Thanks, Deb
Message 41 of 4,794
latest reply

Ahhh...the optimism of youth! I certainly hope that you get your price. However, my experience has shown that 1st ed, Giant Golden books with illustrations by the Provensens go for between $25 - $100. Depending on subject (mythology for example) and condition.

There are always exceptions (both higher and lower priced) of course, and I haven't done an research on the scarcity of this title.

Speaking of research - used.addall.com can be very helpful. Abe.com will allow you to search with the publisher information but there aren't enough books being listed there to always come up with the right price. Still, a good place to start sometimes.

Aww, man. I was about to bid adieu to them student loan payments.

I did indeed use addall's used function. Couldn't find a first printing. Haha, I guess I am youthfully optimistic! *blush*
Message 42 of 4,794
latest reply

Had to be gone this afternoon, satnrose, but just came back to say thank you for your response to my question. I want you to know I do appreciate it.
Message 43 of 4,794
latest reply

lakitla
Enthusiast
Couldn't find a first printing.

Hmmmm....I couldn't find a stated first printing either. The first edition identification of Giant Golden Books is fairly well known. So it doesn't seem likely that it would be overlooked.

I still think $500 a bit high unless the condition is exceptional. But even things that tend to be improbable in this biz are rarely impossible.

Keep us updated.

PS: I goofed on my mention of abe. Abe allows you to check by publisher & date which can be very helpful.
Message 44 of 4,794
latest reply

I was just basing it on this, with my fingers crossed.
Message 45 of 4,794
latest reply