satnrose
Guide
Ask
Message 1 of 4,794
latest reply
4,793 REPLIES 4,793

Ask any question about any book Part II

My question is on
President Reagan's Summit Meeting in Geneva. Briefing Book prepared by The Heritage Foundation, Unclassified, 8 x 11 inches, soft-cover, stapled binding. dated 1985.
Covers the areas of talks with Gorbachev, talks on twenty-one different subjects. With many questions and responses on both sides.
I cannot find anything to match way to come up with a starting price.
If this was yours would you even offer it for auction?
I know you do not find this kind of items everyday.
Does it even have a value in American History?
This come in a storage shed clean out with a large number of other documents some on White House Stationary and some signed by President Reagan probably in auto pen.
Thank you and I hope this makes since to you.
Beargulchbooks
Message 3541 of 4,794
latest reply

I feel like an interloper here and hope you'll forgive my ignorance. I'm using my posting ID and normally sell clothing items.

I have a First Edition of the children's book "Little Lost Lamb" by Golden MacDonald (Margaret Wise Brown) and Leonard Weisgard. I did some research at Abe Books and Addall, but couldn't locate any copies that sounded comparable to mine as far as condition is concerned.

The few copies I've found at other sites sound as if they're pretty much trashed and, while the corners are very worn on my copy, the rest of the book is pretty much pristine.

I'd like to list the book on eBay and would appreciate your opinion as to the value.

Thank you.

Message 3542 of 4,794
latest reply

beargulchbooks ~ I found a similar but different on Abe. Go there and type in "reagan briefing book" under title.
Someone may be along who has a better handle on your book. Good luck!
Message 3543 of 4,794
latest reply

There is a "near fine" copy with no mention of a dust jacket listed for sale on viaLibri.net for $221. I suspect that most sellers on this board would suggest that that price is higher, perhaps considerably, than what you can expect to get. There are several copies with dust jackets that go for much less. Unless a copy of the book has sold recently on ebay, it's difficult to suggest a value.
Message 3544 of 4,794
latest reply

Here's a funny thing about the Little Lost Lamp book:

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?author=&title=little+lost+lamb〈=en&submit=Begin+search&new_used=U&destination=us&currency=USD&binding=HARD&isbn=&keywords=1945&minprice=&maxprice=&mode=advanced&st=sr&ac=qr

Gah! Am I dyslexic or I am dyslexic or dyslexic am I?
Message 3545 of 4,794
latest reply

Oops, Lamb.
Message 3546 of 4,794
latest reply

Not sure why but it seems harder to find information on the books I want to sell. For instance today I decided to check and possibly list of copy of Pollyanna by Eleanor Porter, published in 1920 by the Page Co., the 480th thousand. Common sense tells me that there are just huge amounts of this book available.

This copy has a Mary Pickford frontis and about 25 more movie scenes throughout the book and I can't find one book with the green covers, gold title with the movie photos listed.

I'm lost, where are all the other books at?

Message 3547 of 4,794
latest reply

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?bi=0&bx=off&ds=30&pn=page&sortby=2&sts=t&tn=Pollyanna&x=42&y=7&yrh=1920&yrl=1920
Message 3548 of 4,794
latest reply

Yes I did see those on abe but I have a book with 25 pictures not 8. Am I to assume the rest of the pictures in those books came out or were removed. My book has a green moire cloth cover and not brown or is that immaterial? Not being picky just want to know if any of the things I said are important.

I'm still in the learning stage

Message 3549 of 4,794
latest reply

Everything in cataloguing is important. A part of the problem is that few cataloguers realise this, and hence their listings make it impossible to actually identify the book they're describing. Here's one example from WorldCat:

Pollyanna,
Eleanor H Porter

English Book : Fiction x, 310 p. front., plates. 20 cm.
Boston, Page Co.
Get This Item
Availability: Check the catalogs in your library.
Libraries worldwide that own item: 23
Search the catalog at your library

External Resources: Cite This Item

Find Related
More Like This: Search for versions with same title and author | Advanced options ...
Find Items About: Pollyanna (2); Porter, Eleanor H. (max: 17)
Title: Pollyanna,
Author(s): Porter, Eleanor H. 1868-1920. (Eleanor Hodgman),
Publication: Boston, Page Co.
Year: 1920
Description: x, 310 p. front., plates. 20 cm.
Language: English
Series: Glad books;
Standard No: LCCN: 20-9717
Note(s): At head of title: The first glad book./ "First impression, February, 1913; forty-seventh impression, January, 1920."
Class Descriptors: LC: PZ3.P8306; PS3531.O7342
Responsibility: by Eleanor H. Porter ...
Material Type: Fiction (fic)
Document Type: Book
Entry: 19820204
Update: 20080605
Accession No: OCLC: 8128935
Database: WorldCat

Note that the complete description of the illustrations is, "plates." Not much help, eh? It's clear that you have a silent film edition, but without the full bibliographic details, it will be difficult to pin down.
Message 3550 of 4,794
latest reply

thank you very much fine books. If only ebay is what it used to be, I would feel more comfortable putting up a book on auction. and let the public decide its worth.

Times have changed and everything would be selling for .99

Message 3551 of 4,794
latest reply

I have an 1839 bible published by the American Bible Society in fair condition, covers quite worn, one loose but still attached, and a miniature? bible dated 1849 in German of the New Testament. This bible will fit in a shirt pocket. One cover has been detached. A bookseller recommended a leather maker to repair them. Any sense of value?
They are family heirlooms.
Message 3552 of 4,794
latest reply

Probably of little value except as a family heirloom.
Message 3553 of 4,794
latest reply

Hello,

I've got a "Van Eyck" hardcover book with the following details on the copyright page:

Translated from Romanian as published by MERIDIANE PUBLISHING HOUSE Bucharest, 1971 under the original title of VAN EYCK

Anthology of texts, selection of illustrations and chronology by GHEORGHE SZEKELY

Tranlsated into English by LEON LEVITKI

Copyright 1973 MURRAYS SALES AND SERVICE CO
146-152 HOLLOWAY RD LONDON N7 8DE

Last page of the book reads "MERIDIANE PUBLISHING HOUSE Bucharest -- PRINTED IN ROMANIA" and has a red circle stamp beside it with the number 164 inside of it.

The book still has its DJ (although it is somewhat worn at the top and bottom), and the pages in the book are crisp, clean and the binding is tight.

Any ideas on value?
Message 3554 of 4,794
latest reply

Van Eyck

http://tinyurl.com/kvpa9j
Message 3555 of 4,794
latest reply