There are quite a few books that don't look like anything special. Here's one:

Security Analysis

Message 1 of 1,978
latest reply
1,977 REPLIES 1,977

A book that looks like nothing.

dependabledennis
Enthusiast
Since when does the most honorable General Robert E Lee appear on US Currency?

That war was not civil and it was more properly termed "The War Against Yankee Agression" and "The Second Revolutionary War" while the north was led by a drunken general?
Message 1411 of 1,978
latest reply

Or, "The War Against Northern Aggression."
Message 1412 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
The Civil War was not civil or just....

...it was just business.
Message 1413 of 1,978
latest reply

indexerkevin
Enthusiast
Dennis my indexer brother I have only 3 words for you:

Grant and Lee

J. F. Fuller

The definitive work. Guaranteed to cure any rational open-minded person of Lee worship, and make same a Grant-worshiper.

Or just take a trip to Malvern Hill. Within 1 week of taking over the ANV, all the fatal flaws of Lee's personality and approach were plain to see. Entire counties of the South lost their best that day, as Lee sent them, in his typical willy-nilly uncoordinated hope-for-the-best and trust-in-the-Lord fashion, into one of the fiercest cannonades in all military history, made even more frightening by the enormous shells coming in the from the Federal gunboats on the James.

Well it seems "The Lord" had a little difference of opinion with them Southern boys, perhaps over that tricky little issue of human bondage?
Message 1414 of 1,978
latest reply

indexerkevin
Enthusiast
J.C. Fuller excuse me.
Message 1415 of 1,978
latest reply

Advanced Speaker Designs For the Hobbyist and Technician Roy Alden, Prompt Publications. OP, was $22.95 in 1995, now selling for $70+ on fixed sites.

I give this as an example of why one should never overlook the possible value in a technical book. Speaker design, stereo manuals, car repair manuals, anything to do with vacuum tubes, the list is endless. Of course there are a lot of worthless technical books out there, but it's usually worth the gamble for a buck or two...
Message 1416 of 1,978
latest reply

Analysis and Evaluation of Pumping Test Data (Ilri Pub Ser .: No 47) (Hardcover)
by G. P. Kruseman N. A. De Ridder.

Just sold this to an International customer on the River within 5 days of listing for $350.00! A small white hardcover book that doesn't look all that exciting, it appears to have a good demand. I found this one at a thrift shop.
Message 1417 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
Wow!

What year was it published?
Message 1418 of 1,978
latest reply

Sorry- should have included this- year 2001. ( I think I could have priced it higher)
Message 1419 of 1,978
latest reply

Found a ex library copy of To Drop A Dime at a GW recently. Even with water stains and library stamps, it went for over $150. Story about a mob hitman who ratted on the mob. During research, I read that after writing the book, he went into witness protection......and lasted two weeks!!
Message 1420 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
THE JOY OF COOKING, although a great cookbook, is dead common.

However,
any copy printed before 1960 is worth picking up for resale,
especially if in dustjacket and in good shape.

The first edition [published privately in 1931] is quite valuable.

And the second edition of 1936, [which is the first commericial publication]
can be a real winner.
Message 1421 of 1,978
latest reply

iainsdad
Enthusiast
The Land of Far Beyond (Dragon Books) by Blyton, Enid; Illustrated by Knowles, Horace
ASIN/ISBN: 0583301401

# Paperback: 128 pages
# Publisher: Armada; New Ed edition (20 Jan 1977)

Sold at approx $50 within 3 hours of floating it, just about paid for all the boxes I bought at auction.
----------------------------------------------------
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. - Chuck Clark
Message 1422 of 1,978
latest reply

hello. would an 1854 hardcover titled "the life of Webster Alta (?) edition" be a good seller?
Message 1423 of 1,978
latest reply

iainsdad
Enthusiast
marsail this would get a quicker answer on the ASK ANY QUESTION thread.

but you could look here, all prices in GBP and they are unsold at the prices.

http://tinyurl.com/2muy4k
----------------------------------------------------
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. - Chuck Clark
Message 1424 of 1,978
latest reply

Message 1425 of 1,978
latest reply