satnrose
Guide
Cat got your tongue?
Message 107 of 1,978
latest reply

A book that looks like nothing.

irishbet
Enthusiast
http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/submitRare.cgi?author=Heinlein&title=Take+Back+Your+Government
Message 108 of 1,978
latest reply

dad_of_monster
Enthusiast
It's there.

I centered it last time.

You have to use the horizontal scrollbar to see it.

We'll try this again without centering:

The Butterfly Kid

Message 109 of 1,978
latest reply

I thought that some of you might be amused by the following conversation that I had with my 82 year old father, when we visited him in Florida last week. He was going on about his past educational experiences, which is one of his favorite things to do. That day's topic was "Columbia Business School and how I didn't learn a single thing there that I ever used in the business world." He started talking about a course called Security Analysis, with this boring old dry professor named Professor Dodd. I immediately perked up in the back seat. "Dad, was there a Professor Graham too?" "Oh yes, but I don't remember as much about him." Me again "Uh, Dad, do you remember what you did with your textbook?" "Well I don't know, it might even be at home." Note to self: raid parents' bookcase when they get back to New England!
Message 110 of 1,978
latest reply

LOL! Good thinking sareader!
Message 111 of 1,978
latest reply

Thanks for the tip on "Black's Law...". Found one for fifty cents shortly after reading this forum, sold it for $22.50. Wow. Here's the number: 3513961905
Message 112 of 1,978
latest reply

wraith5691
Enthusiast
After 11 years as an antiquarian buyer for a book store I've developed a system. If it's cheap I'll buy it and look it up when I get home. Love those 50 cent books. At an estate sale I found a book of b&w photos titled The English at Home by Bill Brandt, Batsford Press, 1936. This was on the last day of the sale and the manager said "do you really want that old thing"? She was going to burn it. I had it on ebay on the last free listing day, but no takers. It's permanently listed in my zshop. There's lots of other books around. Here in the NE I can buy stock faster than I can sell it. I decided I wasn't going to drive to sales until the gas comes down.
Message 113 of 1,978
latest reply

Tilings and Patterns by Branko Grunbaum
Message 114 of 1,978
latest reply

Wow!! Thanks for all the tips. I've got my list and will head out for my weekly estate/garage on Saturday.
A child was asked, "Where is your home?" "My home is where my mother is," the child replied.
Message 115 of 1,978
latest reply

kitla
Enthusiast
Martin, Alexander C.; Barkely, William D. - Seed Identification Manual. Berkeley, CA, U.S.A.: University of California Press, 1973.

It's an illustrated manual of every seed from every plant in N. America. I put it on abe and amazon for $75 and got sales from both sites within 24 hours. (felt bad, had to the the Amazon guy it was sold)
Message 116 of 1,978
latest reply

iainsdad
Enthusiast
Anyone like poetry?......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2230&item=3512245446

Wish it had been in better condition,

http://www.addall.com/Rare/OOP?author=muldoon&title=weather&keyword=&submit=Find+the+Book&match=N&gs=1&name=&email=

Neil

----------------------------------------------------
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. - Chuck Clark
Message 117 of 1,978
latest reply

Just for fun, do a search on ABE with the title word "Asbestos" sorted by Highest price first.
I believe there must be some wealthy injury-settlement lawyers collecting on this subject.

u
Message 118 of 1,978
latest reply

dad_of_monster
Enthusiast

cornercube
Trailblazer
erik.h
You are exactly right

Google and Wikipedia are not substitutes for education or intelligence.
— cornercube, 2009

Message 120 of 1,978
latest reply