satnrose
Guide
There are quite a few books that don't look like anything special. Here's one:

Security Analysis

Message 1 of 1,978
latest reply
1,977 REPLIES 1,977

A book that looks like nothing.

Lakeside Press - somebody drove up to my shop about 10 yrs ago with a whole trunkload. I'd be too embarassed to tell anybody what I sold them for. eek
Message 31 of 1,978
latest reply

honorarose
Enthusiast
Lotsa yearbooks.
Message 32 of 1,978
latest reply

In November I picked up a very nice 2nd edition Security Analysis after seeing a discussion of the book by Satnrose and PSTHOMAS on the book chat. A month before that I'd have passed it by in the blink of an eye--- and been $445.00 poorer LOL. Picked up a Black's Law after seeing it discussed by Satnrose -- again it was a book that I would previously have passed by without a second glance -- it sold for $60.00

As economic times get tighter knowledge of what to look for --- and what to avoid-- will be crucial to keep afloat in this business. (Thanks also to Lauralacy who shared some great advice and inspiration to get me rethinking my 2003 approach.)

Message 33 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide

THE AMERICANS by Robert Frank

....and LES AMERICAINS is worth even more...
Message 34 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
Message 35 of 1,978
latest reply

dad_of_monster
Enthusiast
Message 36 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
dad_of_monster: Thanx! Much appreciated.......
Message 37 of 1,978
latest reply

The Woman's Bible in two volumes by Elizabeth Cady Stanton. I've never seen this set of volumes as originally published, and from doing some looking, I notice it has been reprinted.
Message 38 of 1,978
latest reply

tradervic4u
Enthusiast
I looked at these two Auctions of Security Analysis And noticed Neither listed the Features Or Benefits of these Valuable books..The auction with the highest bid-started at lowest bid opening tho...
Lee
PS Just How do you Know what to look For or I.D? is there a guide you carry with you?
Message 39 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
tradervic4u: You have to learn something new everyday. After a while it sinks in.
Message 40 of 1,978
latest reply

tradervic You carry the guide in your head! Or, have someone on the other end of your cell phone with addall access. OR, and I've heard about this -- wireless web PDA's will allow access to addall.com while you're checking your finds.

Keithley

Message 41 of 1,978
latest reply

restatelady99
Enthusiast
One I almost passed up "the Library of Golf". There is nothing outstanding about it. I sold one last night 295.00 Fay
Message 42 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose
Guide
Message 43 of 1,978
latest reply

satnrose Thanks so much for this thread. The visual links and descriptions really help. All duly noted on my “hunt list.” If I ever find The Americans by Robert Frank, it might become part of the personal collection for awhile.

Message 44 of 1,978
latest reply

A book that looks like nothing that once sold for a lot more, but is still worth picking up. A couple of years ago, I sold two near fine copies of Neal Stephenson’s Big U . In both cases, the PBO sold for over $200. In checking completed auctions, I found a PBO in ‘good condition’ sold for $50+ The book was recently reprinted with a different cover.

BIG U

Message 45 of 1,978
latest reply