Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Search by location

I use the search "within 50mi. of my zip code" as well as some of my saved searches for larger items.All of a sudden the results are 2,300mi away and "from Japan".Anyone else have this issue or is it on my end?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

Communication Preferences > Competing Offers

Communication Preferences > Buying Activity > Competing Offers "Competing Offers" is a recent addition. It's separate from "Offers to buyers" and "second chance offers" Can you tell us what that setting controls devon@ebay kyle@ebay ? I've asked a fe...

commpreferences-buyingactivity-competingoffers.png

Made a return request before item shipped

So, I've made a pretty big mistake, this whole thing is a big mess. A seller had refused to give me a immediate refund on an item I had paid for. They then relisted the item on their page. I had made a return request by accident when I was looking ar...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

131 Days No Item No Contact from Seller

Paid for a guitar body on December 13, 2023 with an extended shipping time (from Dec to Feb) because items are made to order. Since Dec 22, 2023 the seller has not responded to any of my messages nor, of course have I recieved the item. The only mess...

Accidentally ordered a fake pair of AirPod max’s

Hi there I recently ordered some green AirPod maxes and the serial number on the box seemed legit. After further speculation I found some red flags on the box leading me to believe they aren’t real despite the serial number. The seller says they are ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Well that was fast!

I ordered a beautiful wind chime yesterday. I'm in Oregon, and the seller appears to be shown in Colorado. I received an email from the seller that they're using the carrier Aquiline, and they sent me the tracking number. I received my order today. T...

MacBook bound to email of seller

Hello, I ordered a second-hand MacBook air (in Dec 2023) and when I got it I could use my apple account. Some months afterwards, I had to to reset the laptop and now am stuck. There is an email associated to the laptop. I guess the previous user has ...

s-l1600.jpg

I give up trying to get help from eBAY overseas customer service

Help....please. I purchased an item on Feb 12, 2024, seller said item shipped Feb 15. Package never arrived, so I reached out to Customer Service and requested a refund. They opened a case and contacted the seller. They advised I would need to wait a...

NO FEEDBACK FROM SELLER

A seller blamed ebay for not shipping a item , it was 5 days late now ebay keeps sending me messages about leaving a feedback for the sellerI dont want to give a bad mark for someone with a 100% rating but blaming ebayand not giving me a good feedbac...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay search is unusable

I want to search for 4mm polyester cord. I search for "4mm polyester cord" and I get a thousand results, most without the term polyester. I try putting quotes around "polyester" and I get the same results. Some results are polyester, but some are par...

• 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

How do I stop getting annoying offers from stuff I ONLY LOOKED at didn't even favor or watch..

Seller and buyer here.. I don't shop or sell much on ebay anymore due to the annoying things ebay has added over the years.. but recently I did decide to "try" to list a couple things to clear stuff out of the house.. however I noticed when I opened ...

Need to cancel an item that was a preorder and seller won't accept cancellation.

This morning I bought an item that is shipping from Japan. It's a preorder, and the item won't ship or be delivered until mid-August. I found a better price elsewhere and tried to cancel this order but the seller "declined" and will not answer any of...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors