on 05-02-2012 12:43 PM
I made a $500 best offer on a $600.
I then got a counteroffer from the seller for $580 - which I counteroffered $525.
He (the seller) then counteroffered me $560, and I counterofferd him $550.
He then sent me a message to confirm that I could pay and I responded 'yes'.
It has now been almost 48 hours and I still haven't heard anything back from the seller. He still hasn't accepted my offer, and my offer will expire soon. On top of that, someone else has submitted an offer (which is pending) and I'm worried I may not win the item.
So my question is: If I retract my last counter offer, can I then accept the seller's last counteroffer?
on 05-02-2012 01:06 PM
Sorry, miscounted the # of offers you made.
You've already made your third offer, so if you want the item now you need to BIN it (assuming it is a single item listing or you are after more than half the items remaining in a multiple item listing) or wait and see whether seller accepts your third offer. If you go the latter route, do NOT message the seller to let him know you're willing to pay more!
on 05-02-2012 12:47 PM
Can I retract my 2nd counteroffer to accept seller's previous counteroffer?
Remember ... the process is called Best Offer for a reason!
on 02-27-2013 09:15 AM
Sorry, ignore my reply above, I didn't catch that the OP was the buyer, not seller.
However, I don't follow the issue. If the OP's response of "yes" was to a Counteroffer, the sale is done. If the OP simply meant they said "yes" via PM to a PM from the seller that the seller would accept the buyer's counteroffer (a bizarre way of communicating, if you ask me), then No, there's no way to reverse the counteroffer status, and the sale is still pending.
on 05-02-2012 01:02 PM
Once your 2nd offer (eBay terminology: prospective buyers make offers, sellers make counteroffers, it is a lot less confusing to refer to them that way) expires, you can make a third one, unless the listing ends before then (as by the seller accepting the other offerror's offer, or someone BINing).
No, you can't accept the seller's last counteroffer. You don't have a valid reason to retract your current offer, and doing so would NOT bring back the counteroffer, which you rejected when you made your second offer.
Note that the 3rd offer is your last shot; after that your only option is to BIN. The seller cannot even send you a 3rd counteroffer.
|Copyright © 1995-2014 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. User Agreement, Privacy and Cookies.|