eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

sajad2004uk
Community Member

ongoing crash problem in internet explorer

i've had this problem for a long time, only just got sick of it.

and i dont think Ebay even knows about it, because whenever it happens it's internet explorer that is reported as the problem not ebay toolbar.

when i open a lot of tabs in internet explorer, (which i do on a regular basis) i get the pop up that internet explorer has crashed, and to close or report the problem. since i have so many tabs open, it comes up with the same problem for each tab untill there all or most of them are closed.

opening another tab causes the same error, only when i close the Ebay toolbar in the task bar on the start menu, or through task manager does the error stop and ebay toolbar reload and internet explorer start running again as normal, only to happen again when i open a lot of tabs.
Please use plain text.
sajad2004uk
Community Member

Re: ongoing crash problem in internet explorer

in reply to sajad2004uk
seriously no replys!?

i still have the issue, even with everything up to date, and running IE9 (upto date) and windows is upto date.

running windows vista ultimate 64bit (fully updated)

it's been almost 6 months since i made the original post, and my Problem Reports in the control panel have almost 1300 IE crash's because if this!

and i dont delete the problems, this is the issues i've had only in the last 4 months (since i stopped deleting them) and mocrosoft wont find a solution because it's not IE9 that is causing it, its the ebay toolbar, same as in IE8
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk
I started using windows 7 and have a problem with ebay's summary page. The links won't open unless I refresh the page. Windows 7 and IE 9 is not user friendly. I don't like it and I think it is made to prevent hackers and virus creators. But, it makes things harder and more inconvenient.
Most recently, I noticed when I enlarge an ebay auction image, that I do not see the option to enlarge the image. Irritating!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

Every time i open anybodys Ebay feedback page in internet explorer including mine my computer locks up

This does not happen in Mozilla Firefox

Any solutions  I prefer internet explorer easier to work with

Thank You

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

YES!!! My eBay will not navigate any more using IE9 on Windows Vista--worked fine a week ago. Then eBay announced "doing maintenance" on 1/19 & 1/20. My pages are all locked up and won't update--stay outdated, cant bid, etc. In essence, I cannot navigate my eBay whatsoever. 5 calls to Tech Support who keep blaming my browser (IE9) and want me to download Google Chrome which I dont want to do! My browser works fine except now for eBay?? So I figure it's THEIR technical problem, but they say not?! Could it be that ongoing invasive "Browser Wars" (wiki that topic!) is overtaking IE (Microsoft) in a forced takeover attempt via eBay?? Dunno. Am waiting. Don't want to download Google Chrome!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

I just upgraded to IE 9 on Vista 32 bit and found this thread after experiencing similar issues. I have had some improvement by adding ebay.com to the list of compatibility view pages available through the "Compatibility View Settings" choice on the "Tools" menu. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
wildnsweet
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

I HAD Soooooooooooooo MANY CRASHES I also UPGRADED to IE9 and GUESS WHAT, would only Allow me to see my ads, ship, float thru pages etc. BUT COULD NOT REVISE, EDIT, List NEW. GAVE UP, walked away, left the COMPUTER. Woke up next morning and reverted back to IE8. Oh, I still am crashing but at least I can Revise, Edit and List NEW. It used to take me an average time of 15 min's for a Brand new ad, if I was listing as Similar average was 5 min's. NOW am Lucky if I can do ONE FREAKING AD in less than 45 min's, more than half the time I END up LOSING ALL THE WORK and Uploaded variation Pictures, etc. A lot of times I have to cheat by listing the ad as is, then go back in, revise some more, save, go back in, revise some more, save, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. BEYONG ANNOYING, SO FUSTRATING, still considering, HOW DO I GET off this COMPUTER STUFF, retire??? or what???? I can no longer get angry, my mind has given up and that is the way it's been for at least 2-3 months. As far as eBay taking concern, bottom line, clean your cache, delete your browsing history. I feel on their end they are as frustrated as us sellers. Half the time now they have no answer. The Servers are so inundated with new programming that. frankly, it feels, LIKE THEY SIMPLY DON'T CARE. As long as they make the buyer happy with all this new Amazon type polices, that's it. Some care I suppose, but their product design people are OUT TO LUNCH, they are causing all this craziness

Please use plain text.
wildnsweet
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

Where is the tool bar??? I simply crash listing my ads.

Please use plain text.
wildnsweet
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

Ya ALL go to this ad, AM SO SICK of it, BRUTAL !!! is how I describe eBay these last two years!!! I had NO FREAKING CHOICE but to tell buyers the truth, I now have several ads that say whatever the MOMENT GLITCH is, LMAO

or click here. For a laugh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380586604463&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Please use plain text.
glenn1971
Community Member

in reply to wildnsweet

Same problem as every body else IE crashes on eBay

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

I found a fix to my issue.  I installed Google Chrome and went to e-bay and it said that Silverlight had failed.  I turned off the silverlight addin for IE and it fixed the issue.

I was having a crash when I went to the login page, it would instantly crash me.  Hope this helps!
Brian Anderson
www.advyon.com

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to addisa

Thanks a million addisa, I was having the exact same problem as you. Google crome worked fine with ebay but IExplorer was crashing every time at login to my ebay account. It all started after microsoft send a bunch of updates to my win7 platform pc. I have been trouble shooting for a few hours. Did a search, found this thread & your post, uninstalled silverlight & its working great now. Must be a botched patch. For anyone else having this problem:.... Go to your startbar & click., then click on control panel. Then click: Uninstall a program. Scroll down, highlight microsoft silverlight or just silverlight, Now click uninstall. After doing that restart IExplorer & it should work fine. Many thanks to the help from the users on this thread. E.H

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to call469

This works great, everybody!!  Just uninstall Microsoft Silverlight!!  Now, though -- for those of us that have automatic updates to Windows products -- how do we prevent pesky Microsoft from reinstalling Silverlight every time it detects that it's not there?  I would like to keep the automatic updates.  Is there a way to just block this one program from installing?  Thanks so much!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to addisa

Wow!  Thanks, Addisa!!  It works to just uninstall Microsoft Silverlight!  How did you figure that out?  Good for you!  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

if your ebay and internet explorer are crashing or keep closing out, this is what to do. 

go to tools in explorer (or cogs icon)

internet options

advanced tab

reset internet explorer setings (at bottom right) (reset)

all should be fixed now

restart browser and enjoy!

Please use plain text.
rosez
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

disable silverlight

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

After months of my Internet Explorer 11 crashing and absolute frustration, there is finally a solution! Disabling Microsoft Silverlight actually works!! Thank you very much, addisa!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to officerlowe
it is well known that ebay & IE don't play well together.
and IE was very prone to viruses and problems.

just install a different browser like Firefox or Chrome
and you're problems will disappear.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

Microsoft Silverlight is the problem. I just disabled based on one of the posts and..VOILA!.. no more crash.

Please use plain text.
oz9fb
Community Member

in reply to sajad2004uk

I found out that Microsoft silverlight is the bandit for crashing my eBay, I uninstalled the silverlight and then my problem was solved.

Hope it can help others with the same problem.

Take care.

Sincerely

OZ9FB

Please use plain text.