Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Increase Max Bid

"Increase Max Bid" I have used this automatic option occassionally when an auction ends at an inconvenient time for me. But it feels like I am bidding against myself? Example; Someone is just browsing and sees the same item. Puts in a bid and hopes t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is seller trying to scam me?

I won an expensive item from a seller. After winning and paying it I noticed that the seller is having a negative rate for the same item - someone bought it, but the seller didn't ship it and the previous buyer had to open a claim. I asked the seller...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Still waiting for a order

Ok, I’ll try to cut this short. I purchased a tripod on the 9th of August and the seller messaged a few hours later,“HelloTo give back to customers who support our products. We are giving away a mini ball head for free (useful to install a flash when...

Changes cause inability to pay with PayPal Credit

Ebay recent required buyers to designate a method to pay for items so that payment would be automatically made. I designated PayPal. But I recently made an offer on an item that I wanted to pay for with PayPal Credit. The eBay rep said that if my off...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

e-bay / usps tracking

Has anyone else had a problem with this new tracking? I've had several items not show up in the past few months. e-bay has been good about reimbursing on the missing item's but where did they go? The tracking either doesn't show that they ever left o...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problemas desde Chile

NO ES POSIBLE COMPRAR DESDE CHILESIEMPRE MUESTRA UN PROBLEMA DE ERROR EN LA DIRECCION.ALGUIEN LOCAL DE EBAY, QUE LES INDIQUE, QUE NO ES POSIBLE HACER COMPRAS DESDE CHILE, AUN CUANDO EL VENDEDOR HA AUTORIZADO VENTAS DESDE EL PAIS

User avatar by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Frustratingly poor notification categories.

I get so tired of having to dismiss "but now, you looked at this item recently" style notifications from the app. Unfortunately I can't turn them off because they're in the same category as "items you actually care about them because you wishlisted t...

Tax exempt

I am a resaler,I need to be set up with a tax exempt account

Resolved! Opening a new buying account

good eveningI currently have had my account for over 13 years with no restrictions or issues at all, I wanted to open a new account with a new address and organize my shopping in a better waymy questions areare there any restrictions for new accounts...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay will not let me bid on an item out of country

Hello, I live in Canada; however I live close to the US Border and can have items shipped to a store there that receives parcels. I want to bid on an item for auction on eBay.com but when I try to bid, it says I cannot place a bid because the seller ...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Suspended account

My son's account (used for buying only ) has been suspended but when he calls they can't tell him why.

Most Marked as Helpful Authors