Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Help! Seller used shill bidding

I placed a bid on an item 3 days before the auction ended. I put in my highest bid amount of $51.00. Later that same day another buyer put in a higher bid, and immediately it was retracted. And sure enough right before the auction ended another buyer...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 17 replies
  • 2 helpful

Broken contracts.

More and more now when I purchase and pay for items they are never sent. After many attempts to contact sellers, they just ignore my messages and eventually I am refunded.(Last two transactions ended this way) I leave negatives but ALL ARE REMOVED. T...

Resolved! Buying

Hellow, Does eBay charge us a fee even if we buy an item? Thanks for your comments.

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller cancelled my order without my consent!

Need help! I recently placed order for a cassette tape recorder. The seller contacted me soon saying the product is actually not available for sale with some unreasonable excuse, and asked me to request for cancellation. I do not agreed to do that be...

• 13 replies
  • 6 helpful

Ebay forcing us to enter payment details before bidding. Cant request invoice for combined shipping?

Ebay won't let me bid on something without putting in payment details before I bid now. I want to (and often do) bid on multiple items from the same seller and request an invoice for combined shipping. Ebay is telling my I have to put in my payment d...

Happy with the item, very disapponted with the seller.

Sorry, another dropshipping thread. Just wondering what (if anything) other buyers would do. I ordered a small item from a seller in the US, it was delivered the next day by my local Walmart. The next day a Fedex tracking number showed up and somethi...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 9 replies
  • 2 helpful

Repeating items in search results

I find it interesting the moderators will close a discussion, but in no way is there any response from eBay as to how to address or fix the issue. In other words, they don't give a hoot for the consumer and apparently don't mind that the sucking soun...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 4 replies
  • 3 helpful

Crank starter

I’m in search of a lawnmower type crank starter that will fit a eight horsepower Mercury Mariner outboard motor.

Frustrated buyer

This is why soooooomany buyers are extremely frustrated with making a purchase on EBay....please see pics.  

1000001042.jpg
  • 32 replies
  • 0 helpful

Made a payment, but...

So I made a payment on an item and eBay took my money but it's not in my purchases tab. I'm afraid some bug happened and eBay just got a free $65 from me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated... EDIT: So they just sold out of the item I bought...

Dyson Vacuum Scam on eBay Summary Page

There was a large field posted at the top of my eBay summary page today saying that I had a 'Prize' waiting. It looked to be a part of the eBay page, and since I trust eBay and have been on it since very early on I thought this was probably legit and...

Seller relisted item not delivered, no communication at all!

What can be done when a seller relist your item that you won, paid for immediately and supposedly has sent to you but you have never received and has now listed on a new auction ( for almost double of what you paid)? I bought a used clothing item on ...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors