Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Package delivered to the wrong address and denied refund

Ok so a couple day ago I got a message saying that my package was delivered (At front door). When I went out to my door to check however, nothing was there. I also checked my mailbox (even though I know what I ordered wouldn't fit) and nothing. So I ...

Item and shipping locations

There are many of us trying to buy form the nearest locations, by searching for "nearest" location. Often, these items cost a lot more than say items from China. Unfortunately, technology has allowed sellers to use virtual locations. It should not ta...

Ebay Tax refund Air weybill

HelloI would like to ask: what is the process for requesting a refund of eBay taxes when you live outside the United States. I contacted eBay customer service and they told me that what I needed was an air weybill and to indicate which item I purchas...

Brand new but not authentic Samsung S21 Ultra

Be very careful buying brand new Samsung smartphones from eBay sellers registered in China! Just got rid of the fake one (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra). Paid almost $500. Shame on the seller!It is becoming harder and harder to distinguish the original fr...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! wrong address

Hello, everyone. Recently, I purchased a Surface Pro 7 along with a few other items. Since I reside in Saudi Arabia, I needed to arrange for the shipping of these items to a third-party address in the United States before they could be forwarded to S...

Lost order?

Order #11-10473-45514 - paid thru Pay Pal, received a receipt from Ebay. Ebay doesn't even show the transaction for $17.97. What gives? Plus may I say your contact us button is hilarious. No easy way to contact anyone with a problem.

Watchlist notifications for PC desktops?

Are there any PC desktop applications that work like the mobile app, but for the desktop? I have the mobile app, but sometimes the phone is muted, or I'm absorbed with something on the desktop and not paying attention to the phone. If I have somethin...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Auto-Pay Suggestion

I do see the point of auto-pay, if there's buyers that aren't paying: however, it can be problematic if you are trying to group purchases from the same seller (it forces refunds), or if you're trying to bid with not much time left, and you have to ju...

PARTSDEAL20 Promotion Not being honored

Attempting to buy a set of truck fender flares (eligible for promotion) using PARTSDEAL20 20% auto parts promotion that was emailed to me on 8/22 and expiring on 8/29. Made an offer using the promotion on a best offer listing, the code applied fine a...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tracking info on eBay is inconsistent with other services

Hi all, I was supposed to receive a package from the UK on 8/25 but it has been stuck in transit. EBay's tracking information has given me the following data and it appears it is stuck in transit somewhere between Monroe, NJ, and Chicago, IL with no ...

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 9.30.11 AM.png Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 9.27.16 AM.png

Missing Listing Of The Product I Purchased

It says, "The item you selected has ended, but we found something similar". I don't want to look at something similar. I want to look at the actual listing, because it contains information needed to use the item. It wasn't even delivered yet and ebay...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Seller made a mistake when charging for the shipping

I won three auctions with this seller and requested combined shipping. After I had already paid, they want to charge me more, claiming they made a mistake in the shipping cost. The order is marked as shipped, but without a tracking number. What shoul...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors