Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to filter by courier service?

Several sellers have used Aramex/Fastway/whatever it's called nowadays, and each time I've never recieved the order. I don't know if it's a seller issue or a courier issue (though I suspect the latter because of each seller's high ratings (95%+ posit...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller cancelled order without telling me

I bought a pair of sandals using best offer. I paid for them immediately. A few days later I got a notification that I had been refunded. I looked at the transaction and the reason was “issue with buyers shipping address”. They never contacted me to ...

Is there a way to revert to the old search results (changed today)

The new layout is trash (every time they change search results it's get worse and not better). Also, my saved searches that excluding certain sellers, now no longer exclude those sellers. Stop trying to "improve" the search layout. It is ALWAYS worse...

• 4 replies
  • 6 helpful

What's happening to eBay?

Not my go to any more. Recently was high bidder on a no reserve item. My high bid was considerably lower than the sellers buy it now. eBay let the seller cancel sending me the item with the excuse that it was no longer available or damaged. It was fi...

Resolved! Shoes sent wrong size!!!

Ebay Community please help.... I ordered a very expensive, designer shoe (~$1,000 retail cost, my costs ~$400, used) and the seller sent a 42.5. The post is very clearly for a 43. They don't fit. I'm a true 43, if not 43.5. Normally designer leather ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Is it normal for every package to take 3+ weeks?

I know there was a big package crunch in covid times, but it's 2023 and lately every single auction I win is taking 3 weeks or more to arrive. Different sellers and they always ship on time, so it's all on the USPS. The ebay estimated delivery date i...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay refunded then item arrived

I purchased an item from a relatively new seller(less than 25 FB). After 2 weeks with no shipping status, I contacted Ebay to request contact to seller. Seller responded immediately that he forgot to put his account on hold since he was out of town a...

Return of defective product because the seller moved

I bought a laptop that did not work. I returned it, got a refund but then the product was shipped back because the seller had moved. What are my obligations? Should I junk the defective product and forget about it?

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Yet another bad "Authenication" story

This story may have been told a hundred times, but maybe my story has a twist that no one has experienced yet. I'm a seasoned ebay buyer and seller. I don't recall ever having to go through the dispute process, or even return something that i purchas...

Seller Sent Item to Different Customer? Will I be protected?

Hello everyone. I am upset and frustrated and need some guidance. One week ago, I bought a phone for $650. I realized that the package was delivered to somebody on the opposite side of the country (U.S.). I opened an "Item Not Received" request and t...

You are unable to purchase this item due to restrictions from the seller. Please contact the seller

Attempting to purchase item: NWT GOTTEX SILK ORANGE MARITIME WRAP CAFTAN COVERUP DRESS M MEDIUM SFS $59.99. Message: You are unable to purchase this item due to restrictions from the seller. Please contact the seller. Unable to contact seller - doesn...

Why am I now seeing ALL Orders at the bottom of Summary page?

This is another new (and stupid) development, instead of only seeing unhidden recent orders a the bottom of mt Summary page, I now see ALL orders. Ebay, can you stop fooling around with things that aren't broken and maybe fix the tings that are? Like...

Resolved! dammmm, people are reaching with prices!

in the past I used to buy used jeans when I found them in almost new condition, but from curiosity come looking and I see the prices are higher then new. people are really reaching. and some look old, stained and dirty, for more then new. $50 for use...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors