Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Appeals

Before buying a phone, I asked if the phone would work with any network and was told yes. I bought the phone, and it was shipped. When I was delivered, the shipping company gave it to the wrong address. I have picture evidence of this. I opened a cas...

eBay's new AUTO PAY ruined eBay for me!

Today I awoke to learn that eBay automatically deducted the purchase price for an item I made an offer on. I spent almost two hours uselessly chatting with a rep then a "leadership team" person to no avail. They don't care. There's a new culture at e...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 24 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Ebay Tools

For some reason on my laptop if I search for anything its in dollars. It will not let me search UK it has USA or Worldwide Help please

Bought something expensive but seller has no feedback, ships from China.. worried it's a scam

I'm new to ebay and I placed an order on an RTX 4080 going for $657.00 ($715 after shipping and taxes) This is far below market price for this graphics card (Usually $1000 to $1200).I thought maybe it was a scam but under the "Shipping, returns, and ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

Package delivered to wrong address but same city and zip code

I want to warn people on how I was scammed and eBay's Money Back Guarantee did not protect me. I purchased a guitar. On the day of delivery, it said the package was delivered at or near mailbox. A guitar wouldn't fit in a mailbox and it wouldn't be l...

Resolved! GPU Issues

Hello! First time posting here, but I have a potential issue. I bought a GPU from a seller the 14th. The GPU just shipped this morning but I noticed the service is "China Post" instead of USPS which was specified in the post. Another thing I noticed ...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tracking not updated

I bought a tv 3 days ago and the postage was £3 which seemed too good to be true. I paid for everything on the 15th and was told that it was next day delivery yet the estimated arrival date was the 18th. It’s the 18th today and I have no tracking num...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Do codes work if they are valid when I apply them, but expire before the seller accepts my offer?

So, I'm considering sending an offer for a jewelry item. Currently there is a 10% code offered by ebay that expires tomorrow. What happens if the code that I apply to the item expires before the seller decides to accept it? Will it still apply, becau...

Silver Dollar Fakes.

Started this silver dollar collecting three years ago, sat down today to make a list of all my Morgan's in the replaced, with higher grade coins and found a counterfeit 1884-P. Purchased in September 2020, the listing was a bit goofy... 1884-P Morgan...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Perpetual Allstate ad

When trying to purchase an item an Allstate ad will not go away even when I click "Buy it now" . Result is, I cannot purchase.

Most Marked as Helpful Authors