Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

offer on item not registered in system

I made an offer the other day on a wallet. Later I checked on the offer and I couldn't find any record of it. I assumed it was my mistake and that maybe I hadn't made a final and necessary click. I tried to find the item again to once again make an o...

Being Ripped Off for $15K Sucks, And eBay Enabled It

Seller sends $14,700 worth of electronics via DHL. DHL without authorization leaves the package in my building's parking lot, and of course it's stolen. I get that this part was not eBay or the seller's fault. But DHL is adamant with me repeatedly th...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 42 replies
  • 1 helpful

Sellers cancelling orders saying "buyer requested" or "problem with address" to avoid defects

1) I would like to know if MY ACCOUNT is affected in any way by these cancellations. I've had several of these in the last week out of 40 purchases for my business. 2) I would like to leave appropriate feedback. I understand stuff happens, but I didn...

Payment details before bidding on auction

Went to bid on an auction this morning and as I normally do putting in my bid in the last few seconds and when I clicked the bid button it went to the confirm payment details page. This is the first I've ever seen on an auction. Is this normal. I hav...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 32 replies
  • 2 helpful

Refund for global shipping fee

Hello.I am trying to figure out how to get eBay to refund the global shipping fee for an item-not-arrived case.I won a listing for an item that was supposed to be shipped to me via eBay global shipping. The item did not arrive, so I contacted the sel...

Please Fix the Offer Feature

When a seller has an item on offer, I used to be able to make an offer, wait for the seller to either accept or reject, and if accepted, pay for the item. Now when I make an offer, I am immediately asked how I want to pay for it and am no longer aler...

2nd time a fraudelent purchase has been made with my account

First off - I'm not a newbie and am reasonably proficient technically. I use complex passwords and 2 factor authentication on all online accounts that offer them. For the 2nd time now - a fraudulent transaction has been made with identical characteri...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Automatic payments

Sellers have the option to get an automatic payment on item won. First off the seller chooses this option and it's not listed anywhere in the description. Ebay told me to contact the seller first to see if they have the automatic payment option. Inco...

• 7 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Item purchased, Ebay authenticated, item received used?

Item was purchased from Ebay with the Authenticated title on item. I received the hooded sweatshirt which looks like it was washed or dry cleaned just by looking at it and feeling it. 2) I look on the inside of the hooded sweatshirt and there is a ye...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

"You need to verify your account to bid or buy again"

I keep getting this message when I try to buy something. There is a link included with the message to "get a call" to verify. Clicking the link sends a code via text to my phone but entering it doesn't fix the problem. I called customer service when ...

Shoe Authentification Never Again

This is a rant and also feedback to ebay (which I suspect really doesn't care that much). Ebay has consistently gotten worse and worse over the many years that I've been using it as both a buyer and seller. An example of worse for me is the " Shoe Au...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors