Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

is anyone purchasing an item? and seller posts item as shipped but no tracking details?

is anyone purchasing an item? and seller posts item as shipped but no tracking details? and item never arrives. are scammers stealing personal information? because next thing you know, seller has no longer item for sale or no longer a member. how are...

Unable to Report Seller

I made an offer for an item and the seller countered and then asked that we communicate directly via email so we could discuss the details of the price and shipping, etc., essentially taking the transaction off ebay. I paid for the item via PayPal an...

ebay-error.JPG

Seller “ships” twice?

Ordered an item that was received via Amazon delivery. After leaving feedback detailing that type of method was frowned upon on eBay, if they had purchased the item to be sent from another platform outside of ebay, new shipping information magically ...

Survey interferes with bidding process

Last night I missed out on an item because during the last few minutes of bidding an eBay survey kept popping up and stopped me from following others bids or making my own bid. After the auction finished, the survey stopped popping up. What’s going o...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 2 helpful

Clearing Up Paypal Payment Method When Making Offer

I've read several discussions on this topic but still didn't find the answer I was looking for. Similar to what others have mentioned, I went to make an offer on an item that would run about $260 with shipping if my offer was accepted. I entered the ...

Advanced Search Resets After Each Use

Actually, this has been going on for a while now. When I go back after searching for something, all the fields I filled in and boxed check, and so forth goes blank and the process has to be repeated all over again. This is just a minor inconvenience ...

Irritation abounds…

Bought an item on November 2nd and the seller isn’t responding. Never shipped it. Every time I tried to report and contact EBay about the problem, I just get a little pat on the head with a ‘well it might be there soon.’ It told me to file a report a...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller doesn't answer communications and has not mailed item

I won the bid on something I really wanted. I didn't realize the seller had zero feedback. I haven't received the item, there is no tracking and seller is not answering any messages. I don't want the refund at this time I want the seller to mail my i...

Resolved! Bidding

How come every time I try to bid on a item now a screen pops up telling me I have to put in a credit card or have to have a PayPal account I don’t have a PayPal account and i only use eBay cards instead of my credit cards it makes it impossible to bi...

Is there Tax on a stamp & coin purchase.....?

Ebay is charging tax on a coin purchase.....I went to chat & after 10 minutes of back & forth , they said they will give a refund of the tax.....Why do we have to go & do that --Just program it into the coin section....Why waste my time with this.......

FEEDBACK REMOVAL

I left negative feedback for a truly bad seller. They asked and Ebay removed. Ebay did this without even knowing or understanding the circumstances. When does the buyer have rights? How can Ebay take away my right to leave a true and accurate feedbac...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors