Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

sales tax

Ebay seems to be charging too much sales tax in washington state ,anyone else see this?

Resolved! Why do some people have bidding end in the middle of the night?

This seller was located in a similar time zone to me so I know it was the middle of the night for them, but the bidding ended at 4:40 something eastern time. This is an item I REALLY wanted so I tried to stay up late in order to get this item but I f...

Rant

Searching for some items for my car . But went through about 8-200 count pages and all I saw was pages of the same items from the same seller. What a waist of time. I'm done. Should that be allowed?

Feedback from same Seller before 7 days has past to count has changed or has it?

In the old days, it was 6 days before your positive feedback score would add up if you bought from the same seller.I called CS and they emphatically said, the 6-day rule doesn't apply any longer. Yet, when I bought another title from the same seller ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unable to use Buy it Now or Add to Shopping Cart!

I've been an ebay member since 1999. No strikes, no unpaid purchases. Only two negative feedbacks as seller over that span of time (24 years). I've also bought countless items on ebay and have never encountered this error before.I've contacted the se...

basspig_0-1697758336897.png
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Coach wallet falling apart

Hello I purchased what was supposed to be a real Coach wallet from keita.tano-74 she assured me the wallet was real and within two weeks All the threading is coming unraveled all the lining and outside is coming unraveled. It looks absolutely terribl...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tired of sellers sending you wrong items and then dealing with returns or they offering you discount

I think eBay should do something with sellers, or have more protection for their buyers. Lately, there has been a numerous of sellers just sending wrong, fake and bad quality items. I understand that for you to get refunded you need to return it, but...

Paypal Payment

Seller has cancelled my order/payment through Ebay and requested payment through PayPal. Is this legitimate/allowed?

Resolved! "For Parts Only" Listings

Hi, I have a question regarding some of the listings I'm seeing where the seller lists the item as "for parts only" but in the description they clearly state they cannot test the item, so it's being sold as-is. If the seller cannot test the item, how...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item marked as delivered, it was not

Purchased an item. It was marked as delivered. It was not. I was home at the time. It was not delivered to a nearby house. It wasn't delivered at all. No mail was delivered that day. This has happened a few times with USPS, they say it was delivered,...

Seller Has 100% Positive Feedback Despite Negative Feedback. Standard?

I recently signed up to purchase a computer joystick described as “The unit has been tested and is fully functional." It turns out the device didn't work at all, so I returned it. eBay handled the process nicely and I never had to contact the seller....

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 6 replies
  • 2 helpful

Charged twice for an item

Charged twice for an item then order was canceled by seller, due to incorrect size from seller. Seller refunded one charge but the other charge is still on my account. How do I get the second charge off my account?

problem with full refund

I was sent a jacket that does not match the description at all.I bought a new one, without tags, but received an almost used jacket with paint stains on the sleeves.Moreover, the description states that this is a 3 in 1 winter jacket, but they sent 1...

IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1758.jpg
User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay allowing broken items posted as used why?

I have a peeve with Ebay & Sellers on listing items that are clearly defective or broken yet show up if I do a search checking the Used, refurbished boxes. For example ipods that the home button is broken or the screen is cracked or the battery is de...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay keeps encouraging a counterfeit seller despite all of my reports.

Hello, I own an electronics store that sells big brand names and have done so for more than 7 years on eBay. One of my biggest brands are SanDisk and Kingston. There are several genuine sellers that are positioned at the top and I know most of them, ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors