Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

High old bid does not show

In an auction there was a lot of bids to the last second but according to the bid history the winner was an old bid with a highest bid, how can that happen?

Received wrong item through eBay’s authenticity system

I ordered the brown/white color way of the 550 new balance ALD’s, but I received the wrong color (purple/white), it went through eBay’s authenticity guarantee system. The seller won’t let me return and eBay closed the case on me. What do I do?

Searching by size

How does one limit the search results to the size posted in the search string. For example I am looking for bicycle frame and I need size 58 cm. Ebay returns hits including 51 cm 63 cm and all sort of other useless (to me) sizes. I assume it will do ...

Searching for Lawton Tenor Sax Mouthpiece Cap

Hello Fellow Ebayers! I am searching for a Lawton tenor sax mouthpiece slide on cap for a vintage Geoff Lawton hard rubber tenor sax mouthpiece I recently acquired. It had its original slide on ligature but no cap. If anyone has one for sale, please ...

Resolved! Sellers ending auctions that are low

I was one of the first generations of ebay users but haven't used ebay in years. Recently I participated in a number of auctions as a buyer. I was disappointed to see that sellers routinely create non-minimum auctions which they then abruptly end whe...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

24 years on ebay. I've never encountered this.

I was watching an item.The seller sent me a offer.I accepted the offer.Now when I go to pay, it turns out the seller does/will not ship to Hawaii.When I try to pay I get this message... If I try to request order total, I get this message... The optio...

Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 3.27.39 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 3.27.57 AM.png
User avatar by Superstar
  • 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

parcel went to wrong address

a package to me was delivered to another street so the sellar has found out. The sellar sent me a map for me to look for the parcel. I am old and missed the message but went round to an empty house when i got the message. No refund so far. Its not my...

Resolved! Item purchased more than 90 days hasn't been delivered

Hi All, On 10 Jul 2023 I purchased an item which wasn't delivered.On 22 Aug 2023 I messaged the seller and was advised that a new item was sent.After that I completely forgot about it and now that I recalled about that item and contacted the seller t...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay collects HMRC 20% VAT on all purchases outside the UK, yet UK buyers still charged VAT by HMRC?

I buy regularly from abroad because the items I collect are NOT for sale in the UK and have NOT been sold for some time at retail. A normal collectable state of affairs for most collectors worldwide. There is a reduced tax rate for collectors dependi...

Strange detours in shipping from US to Europe

Very often I order materials and parts through ebay, since this is the only place I can often obtain certain hard-to-get items globally. Most often they come from EurAsian countries, HK, Thailand, Japan, China, Russia, Poland and rarely do they come ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

queja

The item arrived damaged, the poor condition, it does not work, I already contacted the seller but he did not give me a solution, I sent him proof that the item does not work. Request help from an eBay agent to help me solve why the seller does not g...

Resolved! Doing business w/ eBay

Until just recently my last foray into the twisted psychopathy that is eBay was years ago. I thought it might interest somebody or another to know that the years since have been good years. Quiet, peaceful, at least somewhat sane - for me anyway. … &...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

I bit it on property and won.

Just had major surgery I could not drive I was telling the buyer that I was not able to get to Staples for fax machine due to surgery and I was put on probation for 12 months it is typically normal I bid I win I communicate with everyone..

Most Marked as Helpful Authors