Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

When a Buyer is Charged Postage Due

With the increasing use of the eBay Standard Shipping there are a lot more instances where the Post Office charges the Buyer - Postage Due because the envelope is too thick. Even though there is no recourse for the Buyer to request reimbursement for ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 1 helpful

seller: is some kind of mockery of people

I win the auction ended and the reserve was not met:Starting bid:£200.00Reserve not metPrice:£450.00 My bid: 240£ I contact seller:Write to: Second chance offerNO ANSWER. seller: - put this lot again, after 6 days be autcion, another man - win, but R...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Purchased counterfeit Shure microphone

The worst part about this is I bought this as a gift. Initially, the product worked (during the initial 30 day return window), but then it became clear that the quality of the audio was not as expected for a Shure microphone. Upon inspection of the c...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

buying

why my card always buying declind

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

ebay enabling Scalping causing normal consumers to be unable to buy products

Scalping is unethical because it artificially marks up items over their actual value, barring anyone but the ultra-rich from something that should be available to normal consumers. Please ban the sale of scalped goods resold within the first 6 months...

Sellers can block comments when leaving negative feedback?

COA has a zipcode that does not exist in Albany NY therefore I have decided to return the item for a refund. I would be very careful buying from any seller who does not return emails and bans you from any business when they are questioned about their...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Access guest purchase

I made a guest purchase on 11/1/23 8:35 pm. I received confirmation from my bank card for $81.69. The item is a white vanity. I have never used eBay before this. I didn't get a confirmation email. I don't have any order details other than what I stat...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay Seller Violating Policies

I have been reporting this seller now since October 18, 2023, i have been reporting the account on chat, phone and reporting the seller and reporting item, this seller is violating multiple policies from contact business card in photo to store name b...

Impossible to contact Service Reps.

I purchased several items from different sellers around May and didn't receive one of them. My job keeps me away from usable internet for months at a time. I opened a dispute in the short window I had internet access, but it was automatically closed ...

book from romashka

I have tried to contact the seller to retract my bid since 5 minutes after I made my bid. I already have this book and do not want another. The seller has been unavailable for contact since this time and remains unavailable for contact. I am at the p...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

SCAM ALERT - Fake Gold Nuggets!

Purchased a gold nugget on the 24/10/23 and had it xrf scanned yesterday as soon as I received it in the mail. Iron, copper and zinc composition. Another person complained also about a nugget they bought. What worries me is the other people who have ...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Slow shipping

I bought art work and they never shipped it after 10 days no reason no tracking No call from eBay or seller I feel like I’m in limbo Help!

User avatar by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors