Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Is this a new seller scam? Recall shipment just before it goes "Out for Delivery"

Waiting for item shipped by seller by FedEx from CA to me in VA. The day it reaches my local FedEx distribution center, just before it goes "Out for Delivery", tracking shows it is "recalled by shipper" (meaning the ebay seller). Seller has not respo...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 37 replies
  • 1 helpful

Seller called my personal number

Seller called my personal instead of answering through messages isn’t that against policy?there used to be a policy where eBay wouldn’t let sellers call you . I never gave the seller my number unless they wrote it down from the shipping label which i...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

how is the search function so terrible?

im looking for an item called a netgear orbi rbs10. not an orbi rbr10. if i search for rbs10, it includes rbr10. doesnt matter if you put things in quotes or "exact words any order", which should be the default behavior. if i search for rbs10 -rbr10 ...

Counterfeit/Pirated DVDs from Wal Mart?

I bought a used set of DVDs on eBay and as I always do when I buy DVDs, I first ran a couple of them through VSO Inspector and found that they were single-layer/region-free, which means they're counterfeit/pirated. The maker of the DVD set ( Shout Fa...

Black Friday Sales

Good night. Are there going to be any Black Friday Sales? If so, what percentages are normally given Thanks much

purchase error

error when processing a purchase but I was still charged for the item, without the purchase being made. what I do?

User avatar by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

How Long Does a Buyer have to Pay?

I won an auction and I always like to pay right away to make sure I get the item. The seller is in the UK and she doesn’t ship to the USA, where I am. So since US bidders were unable to bid, I entered the address of a friend in the UK with the intent...

Seller puts hold on item

I am just asking for advice and sharing my recent experience with a seller, that's it. I bought something on Nov. 2nd and haven't received it. This all began after seeing my item stopped in its tracks and delayed and I never got the item. Normally I ...

User avatar by Scout
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Meta Quest 2 headset not as described.

I recently bought a Meta Quest 2 headset which the seller described as being marked and scuffed on the headset itself but I found that even the controllers were marked and scuffed and the strap was in worse condition than the photos appeared to make ...

Bidding

Does anybody know if I put in a credit card with this new policy eBay has initiated if I win an auction is it automatically deducted from the credit card or do I have 48 hours to pay for it another way specifically eBay gift cards which I have been u...

Resolved! Automatic bidding on somethung with a reserve

I want to bid for something with a reserve. Someone else has already bidded (let's say for example £100). So I come along and want to bid up to £300 max. If I placed a bid for that a point, my understanding is that the automatic bidding would push my...

Blocked offers due to unpaid items

Early last year I committed to buy two items that I never paid for as a result some buyers blocked my ability to make offers. I understand this but it has been well over a year and I am still blocked by some buyers. How long will this last?

Most Marked as Helpful Authors