Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Classified ads allow harvesting of buyers' personal info

Has anyone noticed Ebay classifieds are used to collect personal data by shady sellers? A new seller can simply open an account, list an item and wait for potential buyers to send their name, home address, email and phone number. They do not need to ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Temporary Buying Restriction

I bid a lot on this one item a few months ago, and because I didn't realize the page wasn't properly refreshing, I bid way more than I need to, so I got a temporary buying restriction. I didn't win the item, either. Now I want to bid again, but I STI...

New seller shipped out item in 10 minutes, am I being scammed?

Might be a dumb anxious question but I made a big purchase and I am a little worried I fell for a trap because the seller is new but the post seemed real enough from the pictures. Description was vague, just stated the item. The deal I got seemed a l...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Car dealer going to far

I recently bid on a vehicle auction. The dealers people have been e mailing me, and have even gone so far as looking up my phone number and texting me… there is no way to get ahold of ebays people to report this?

Horrible ebay giftcard experience.

I got $200 in an eBay giftcards, from a grocery store. They didn't activate the card, went to the store and contacted eBay support multiple times. The store didn't want to take responsibility for not activitating the card and insisted they did even t...

Location - be more specific

Can you please implement a change so that people who list their item location as a large city such as "London" have to be more specific? I am forever asking them which part of the city they are in. They could be walking distance from my house or 50Km...

Not receiving seller offers via email

Hi, I used to get email notifications when a seller made an offer on an item I was watching, but I’m not getting them any longer. I happened to login to eBay and noticed there was an offer and no email notification. Is this how it works now? I didn’t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 6 helpful

cards rejected for 2 days

want to purchase a part for my car all cards are good i talked to all4 banksthe problem is not me its not the banks the problem is at ebay i never ever had this happen to me. i hope you can solve this issue..

Unauthorised use of my debit card by Ebay

I was browsing items & clicked on some as 'my favourite' only to receive a message from Ebay later that day to say they had purchased the items on my behalf using the card details I have used on previous purchases. I am outraged.

High old bid does not show

In an auction there was a lot of bids to the last second but according to the bid history the winner was an old bid with a highest bid, how can that happen?

Received wrong item through eBay’s authenticity system

I ordered the brown/white color way of the 550 new balance ALD’s, but I received the wrong color (purple/white), it went through eBay’s authenticity guarantee system. The seller won’t let me return and eBay closed the case on me. What do I do?

Searching by size

How does one limit the search results to the size posted in the search string. For example I am looking for bicycle frame and I need size 58 cm. Ebay returns hits including 51 cm 63 cm and all sort of other useless (to me) sizes. I assume it will do ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors