Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Bad Listings with bad item numbers according to eBay

HI, I found 3 identical listing for a Canon 5ds camera camera being sold from Brazil under 3 separate sellers all with Zero feedback. The cameras sold for way below fair market value and only as buy it now. I tried to report it to eBay and there item...

How to register as tax exempt on E-bay

Trying to figure out how to register my business as tax exempt on E-bay. Bought some scrap silver the other day and because it was not listed in the coins/bullion catagory I was charged tax even tho it was obviously scrap bullion.. Thanks Dach.

Ebay still allows this basic scam

I truly don't understand. I bought an item from a seller with a perfect rating who had been operating for over 10 years, so I thought I was making a good choice.He ignored every message and never sent me the tracking number.Only after it was "deliver...

Contacting eBay

Apparently eBay doesn't want you to contact them!! All the automated crap shows that!! A seller cancelled an order without letting me know. Have not heard anything at all. Tried to file a compliant, online of course, but get an error about a problem,...

Need a credit card to bid?

After bidding on items for years and years, I am blocked from placing bids because credit card information is now required before starting a bid. For several years, have only used eBay gift cards to make purchases. Why the change? I can no longer use...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebay won’t give me my money back from a scammer

 I purchased a gpu for 421$ Almost 3 weeks ago the seller said 1-3 day fast shipping. The item was never sent out. 2 weeks later after messaging the seller 5 times with no replies. The tracking number randomly says shipped then delivered to my city. ...

Card Price Guide Vanished

The card price guide feature has disappeared on my eBay app. An eBay rep told me it’s not available on his app either and suggested I post about it here for others with the issue to report it

FedEx tracking scam resolution help

Good day all. For the first time I was subjected to the Seller tracking number scam. Ebay first sided with the seller then after Appealing case sided with the buyer "Me" FedEx confirmated that this is very common and that signature required will not ...

Resolved! Seller raised shipping cost after I placed my bid -- UNFAIR!. Is this allowed?

I placed a bid on Friday 06/09/2023 for an auction ending 2:56 PM Monday 06/12/2023. I saved a copy of the web page showing shipping cost at $35.84. Today, 06/11/2023 I noticed the seller raised the shipping cost by $11.00 to $46.84. Is this allowed?...

How do you flag fraudulent sellers?

I understand that with all of the fakes and counterfeit items out there, someone may have purchased something that they thought was authentic and then when they go to sell it, they list it as authentic. What makes me mad, are people who have entire E...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Account suspension & bid cancellation notice

A few days after paying for an item, i got a bid cancellation notice. I had already payed and received the item, so i was confused. 3 minutes later, my account was suspended permanently. I didnt do anything against any rules, and yet my account was p...

Covering up fraud

The Help and Support Center consistently removes negative reviews from buyers and sellers due to the receipt of goods of inadequate quality. It does not respond in any way to appropriate requests and simply covers up the scammers. How to deal with th...

dishonest seller

Hi I bought a coffee table from a lady whom I kept sending a bid to she came back to me saying I could have it cash for the £50 reduction if asked for it was originally £350 I bid her £300 we agreed and I collected the item she changed the time and d...

PayPal Credit

Why is my PayPal Credit no longer shown as a payment option? My PayPal Credit account is active and in good standing. I have not deleted the option through eBay. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

I didn't get my refund from damaged shoes

 the seller was rude and not wanting to cooperate so I contact eBay agents several times just to say to work things out with the seller, they started a return request that the seller declined and I wasn't able to get my refund. Im definitely not buyi...

Screenshot_20240101-145315.png
Most Marked as Helpful Authors