Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Am I able to get a refund?

So I bought an airpod pro 2nd gen and I didn’t check the pictures thoroughly but I checked the description where it said it was apple branded and opened box. Turns out it was a rep. Am I able to still get a refund because the seller is giving me a ha...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item not delivered & no recourse?

I bought an item. It never got delivered. eBay says it did because some random person signed for it. So if it did get delivered, they delivered it to the wrong address. I opened a ticket and I got an email response that said “good news! It was delive...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 3 helpful

How to charge me with PayPal instead of bank account?

I got this message saying that in order to make offers or bid on something eBay needs access to my bank account. I would rather pay by my PayPal account. It said I had the option to change this, so I reluctantly agreed thinking I could change it back...

Got a refund that I don't want

I asked where my order was and I was told it is delayed. I am fine with that and told them I would wait until theproduct would be delivered.That is what I put in the box where it was asked. Then suddenly I got a refund that I don't want.I want my stu...

No Bid Confirmation Button (Desktop Web Ebay, not app)

I just went to bid on an item, opened the item, got the Place Bid blue button, hit that,then I got a small white pop-up box saying Place your bid followed by three dollar amount suggestions in blue, and the option for "Your max bid" amount to be ente...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

sudden increase in non US sellers claiming to be domestic?

Has anyone else noticed a uptick in sellers who use third party shipping labels to ship non domestic items under the guise of them being "domestic." The amount of listings I've seen from "Jamaica, new York" or "Ontario California" is getting complete...

Ebay allows Counterfit Items from China to be sold

I have reported a Chinese seller that sells ALL counterfit items. The items are clearly copyright infringement, and being sold as legitimate with no disclosure of them not being genuine, no misspelling of the names of items to dodge the copyright law...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

How can I turn off Auto Pay

At 1st I thought Auto pay was great, I could bid on something & not have to check back right away to pay if I won. The down fall to Auto pay is if I make multiple purchases from one seller Auto Pay does not allow time for the seller to discount shipp...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! contact seller

I can't contact any sellers to ask questions before buying.

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 15 replies
  • 1 helpful

Seller changed the picture after my bid

Hi, I placed a bid on an item based on the stock picture and Item title. I was outbid so I raised my bid and won (YAY). Well I did not notice until I won that the seller had revised the listing and changed the picture to the actual item. It's the sam...

Getting (or not) Help from eBay when things go WRONG

I recently (30 November) made a purchase on eBay. I was expecting delivery around the 10th-- 12th of December. When I looked the status had changed to not shipped. When I sent a note to the seller they listed several reasons that the product had not ...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Authenticity Guarantee from Japan

So I want to buy a bag 2800.00 from a seller in japan, but the itemis authenticity guaranteed thru ebay and it willbe shipped to them first…. WillI still be charged duties and custom fees??

Disappearance of Purchases and related feedback opportunities.

I had three purchases disappear from my Purchase History. If I use the order confirmation emails to "View Order Details" for any of the items, the ebay Order Detail page shows no item information. Nor do any of these items display on my "Ready for Fe...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors