Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Defective item replacement

I recently purchased a replacement LCD monitor. The item arrived, looked fine but I never opened the package due to a city election I was in the middle of. After about 6 weeks I was finally able to get to install this monitor, when I did the monitor ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Seller discover-books seems to have gone out of business ~ Mar 20. NOT still taking orders?

Just a heads-up, it appears that Discover-Books has been selling books for weeks now that will never be delivered. Looks like they went out of business ~ March 20th. Verified by employees via Reddit threads and by their shipper for my item bought Mar...

IMG_5335.jpeg
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 11 replies
  • 3 helpful

Resolved! Ebay seller sold me a certain T-shirt for $300 and sent me something completely different.

Hi I have a pressing issue taking place right now, I ordered a t-shirt worth $300 off of a seller on eBay, when I opened this package I was met with a completely different shirt than what I ordered. I held onto a little hope and thought maybe the sel...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Counterfeit items

I bid on some Pokemon cards the other day. After I won the auctions I found out that all the cards I bid on are fakes. The buyer initially claimed they are real. But after and friend and I looked and pointed out how they are not he has ignored all my...

refunds

Hello, I am a little bit desperate since two very expensive items that I bought haven been shipped since last year and I want a refund. I have contacted the sellers without success and I cants reach customer service to ask for my refund.

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Purchased an expensive collectible, seller lied on the listing and is basically drop-shipping it

As the title says, I feel I’ve gotten scammed. I purchased a $300 collectible (Lego minifig) and even though the seller stated in the listing that I’d get “exactly the minifig as shown in pics” it turns out he never had such collectible, and is basic...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller refunded an order, but has not cancelled it.

Hi there,Last week I won an auction from a seller, and then paid in full later that day. A few days go by, and I don't hear anything from the seller or see that the item has shipped/ a shipping label has been created for it. I then go to check my pur...

Seller isn't responding and hasn't shipped the item

I bought an expensive item from a seller and the first day when I ask a question they responded right away. They said it takes 2 to 5 business days to be shipped. 8 business days have passed and the item hasn't been shipped and the seller isn't respo...

Worst customer relations ever

I was supposed to receive my order of a automotive bidirectional scanner on the 18th. Ut states uts been delivered. Has not showed up yet its now the 24th. I have spent days on the phone with cs who are absolutely rude and do quite the opposite of he...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors